Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Fender Liners ... Rd2 = Rd1?

Old 04-17-2007, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

I've searched and haven't found anything, so thought I'd just ask.

Q: Will [this] part from an RD1 fit on an RD2? Vice versa.
A: On the outside, the front fenders and side skirts are compatible. Everything else is unique to the specific generation. Interior, the gauges will not work. Shift surround can work, however it may look out of place. Stereo surround will fit also, but won't match the dash correctly. Seats, cargo cover, and center console all should work without a hitch. Front and rear strut bars are compatible, as is headers, intake, cams, cold air intake (exc. REV A Tibs) and pretty much anything else mechanical will work, i.e. struts.

^^ Comes from the new user FAQ. So fenders are compatible but the liners aren't?! Eh?

Also, noticed some people saying you can replace RD1 gauges with RD2 ones, while here it says it won't work...

Could just use a final word on this! Thanks
Old 04-17-2007, 01:16 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

You can use RD1 gauges in an RD2, but you'll have to buy an RD1 gauge cluster, and it's a little bit of work, because you'll most likely want to swap odometers.
Buy RD1 gauge cluster
Buy RD1 gauge faces
Put current RD2 odometer in the RD1 gauge cluster
Put RD1 cluster in your car

This also works the other way around .. RD1-->RD2

Not sure if the fender liners are the same or not. I would guess that they would be the same though, since the fenders and doors are the same.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:31 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

Well, turns out the yard had a busted up fender liner from an RD2, so I asked for it just to compare. Yep, they are exactly the same.

Yay for questions answered smile.gif