Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Exhaust tip?

Old 07-16-2004, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wanting to get a new tip for my exhaust. The reason being is I now have the Ixion bodykit and the opening for the exhaust is bigger than the stock one on the bumper. What I have is the HVE 4-1 header, catco highflow cat, 2.5" cat-back to a dynomax turbo muffler, and it just has the 2" pencil tip. I want to get a new tip to fill in the opening better and wanted to know if anyone would know that if I were to get a resonated tip that you can get in like autozone or pepboys would change the sound of the exhaust. I woudn't mind a more deeper sounding exhaust, but I want to stay away from the high pitched sounds. Any ideas of what woudl be best?
Old 07-16-2004, 04:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Exhaust tip?

How about that APC LED one?

I'm kidding folks.

I've seen some good ones out there, you looked on Ebay yet?
Old 07-16-2004, 05:40 PM

lol, those are pretty funny, but if I wanted flames I would make it to where it shot real flames out.

I haven't looked on ebay really for these. But I just want to know if a resonated tip would change the sound of my exhaust and how it would change. I know they have resonated and not resonated tips. Just want to know if anyone would know because I don't not want it to have a higher pitched sound.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:22 PM

it would... chances are the resonated tip would take out any higher pitched noises... giving your car more of a snarl than a rasp... Resonated tips DO make a difference. when I was younger and more stupid.. I drove my fiat spider WITHOUT a muffler.. only the stock resonator and an ansa resonated tip.. up until about 3 grand on the tach, the car was quiet.. you would have never known... above that it sounded like a formula1 car... especially up near the 6500 redline... gotta love italian engines.