Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

exhaust sound clips

Old 01-06-2005, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: So what do they talk about in other car forums?

Actually I was talking about the stock muffler itself. Not a straight-through pipe. The stock muffler is actually a straight-through muffler, it has no restrictions. Aftermarket is not much better than stock. You take the stock muffler, enlarge the entrance to 2.5, and leave the tip at 2 inches. The stock muffler is the same size and design as an aftermarket muffler. The only restriction over the aftermarket is three inches at the tip. Otherwise they are the same.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: NEED SOME MORAL SUPPORT, FROM FELLOW OWNERS!!!

Are you talking about the OEM muffler, the one at the end of the exhaust line? That huge thing is no way the same as aftermarket mufflers! If it was the same, when you replace that with a fart can, there wouldn't be that much of a difference in sound.
The OEM muffler is a non packing muffler, but it's chambered, inside it has chambers and different diameter little pipes that connect one chamber to the next one; there's no way it's like a "sport" aftermarket. I am not saying that with just a muffler you will gain HP's (and if you do it will be minimal and probably on the mid-high range) but sound wise they are completely different thing. If you add breathing bolt ons to the engine, then the effect of a less restricted muffler is more noticeable.
Hamhead, you are pulling my leg with that aren't you? :?
Old 01-06-2005, 07:00 PM

He wants cheap, nice and clean medium sound. I heard no mention of squeezing every smidgeon of performance. lol.gif

From what I can gather, he is just getting into this shizzle. Which I doubt means he wants every 1hp he can find. If you have any Catalytic Converter on your car, even Hi-Flow, its going to be the same restriction as chambering the muffler. Besides, chambering the muffler usually muffles and gives it a nice sound.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Fit or Fat?

OK I got you. Yeah Pyro, if you just want a nice quiet tone sound for the moment, that's the way to go. I was thinking that IF you bought a muffler you wanted to keep for later when you put bolt ons, it shouldn't be a too expensive one. As someone cleverly said... plan your ride man.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:11 PM

wow i dindnt really catch any of that besides there is no real point to go with a 2.5" pipe if at the end is only a 2 " tip, i am actually just getting into this well exhaust anyways, money isnt really an issue i just dont want it to sound like a fart can and i dont want the whole 4" fart can look i just want a nice clean sound without pissin people off as i drive by. these glaspacks they deaden the sound right or does it make it louder.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:19 PM

The glasspacks deeaden the high notes of the exhaust. If you put a long one, you will get a nice tone, just to the other extreme of the sound scale as the fart cans.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:55 PM

does anyone have a clip of what a glasspack sounds like
Old 01-06-2005, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

i have one on and a Apexi N1 off of ebay with 2.5 pipeing. Sound pretty dam good. Sorry i dont got clips
Old 01-06-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Owned. Seriously. (Not Safe For Work, or even home. LO

Whats sounds good on one car may not sound good on another. Hell, even the air density and your altitude play a part in how your car sounds. Even if its cold or if its humid. My car sounds like crap when you press the gas for the first minute or two when its wet and cold because of the straight-thru muffler. Let it idle, and once it warms up, sounds sick.

Besides, scaring the old ladies beside you with a deep tone that shakes their doors is half the fun. lol.gif
Old 01-06-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Owned. Seriously. (Not Safe For Work, or even home. LO

ya jeez i just dont know what to get , theres to many diffrent types and things u can do that will change the sound. oh well i guess i can always try one and if i dont like it start all over laugh.gif

ya but i dont like to scare the old ladies with my exahuast thats what i bought the subs for lol.gif