Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

exhaust sound clips

Old 01-05-2005, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: UPDATED THREAD for custom Plexiglass spare wheel cover

Rice Rockets don't sound good.

This sounds good, like I said.

No, I don't.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: RD Tiburon Calendar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

?? wth
Old 01-06-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Radiator Support...Help!

that thing is massive 4" tip im lookin for something that sounds as well as looks decent . thanx anyways
any more suggestions
Old 01-06-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: For all you lightweights out there

Try Summit Racing Stainless Steel Muffler. It has an internal single chamber, like ondulated type, not completely straight through, low back pressure and sounds very good with a long glasspack on the middle of the pipe. Oh and... it's only around $80. I've had it for a year and still looks and sounds like the first day.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Link to EVAP canister removal?

Just keep the stock muffler if you don't want a humongous tip....
Old 01-06-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Tim i sent you a PM.. look here

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zman)</div><div class='quotemain'>Try Summit Racing Stainless Steel Muffler. It has an internal single chamber, like ondulated type, not completely straight through, low back pressure and sounds very good with a long glasspack on the middle of the pipe. Oh and... it's only around $80. I've had it for a year and still looks and sounds like the first day.</div>

do u have any soundclips of it or can u get some?

if i kept the stock muffler and put 2.5" pipe instead of stock and got some headers would it sound decent
Old 01-06-2005, 04:05 PM

Location: Lillington, NC & Maryville, TN when I can get there
Default Re: Motoria 4-2-1 header quality Q's?

www.Magnaflow.com has some good mufflers and they have some sound clips.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Performance - Turbo, NX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pyro)</div><div class='quotemain'>if i kept the stock muffler and put 2.5" pipe instead of stock and got some headers would it sound decent</div>
The problem is your gains with the header and the stock muffler would be minimal, because the stock muffler just puts too much back pressure. In that case you would be much better with a sports muffler and your OEM exhaust. I read and heard that headers makes our exhaust really loud, I am hoping (now that I bought headers with the group buy) that my exhaust doesn't get too loud or I will have to add some more glasspacks or something.
Another disadvantage of your idea is the stock muffler is 2" so your 2,5" line would strangle to 2" at the end of the pipe so... and regards sound... I think the OEM muffler would quiet almost all down.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: exhaust sound clips

Actually I've had the stock muffler out before. Its straight-through basically. Aftermarket is hardly, if any, better. The size of the tip makes little difference.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Performance - Turbo, NX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually I've had the stock muffler out before. Its straight-through basically. Aftermarket is hardly, if any, better. The size of the tip makes little difference.</div>
Sure aftermarket is no better than stright through pipe... but it surely sounds lod.. doesn't it?
The size of the pipe makes no difference IF it's bigger than your exhaust line, but if it's smaller it's like a bottle neck. It wouldn't make sense to enlarge the whole exhaust line and at the end reduced it to fit the OEM exhaust muffler as Pyro was asking.