Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Exhaust Questions?

Old 10-17-2005 | 10:07 PM

How about buying the header from KSpec, anybody have bad experiences from them??
Old 10-17-2005 | 10:13 PM

Kspec has good headers as well, but BlackTibs(flyride) has a GB on kspec headers now. Get it checked out man!!

And go read the forum rules please. You should not quote a post above yours.
Old 10-17-2005 | 10:27 PM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Elantra GT

I have the OBX with crush bent 2.25" pipe, catco cat, 12" glasspack, SS straight through muffler. I have had 5 other setups including duals out the sides in front of the rear tires (that was hella loud).

My feeling is that if you can afford it get the Hotshot header. They are finally going for a reasonable price ($350 shipped I think). Use the 12" glasspack and then get the muffler of your choice. I like the sound of the Dynomax multi chamber muffler for the sound and I don't think there is any loss in hp and I know fordfasterr dyno with more tq with it over a flowmaster. Don't bother with mandrel bends. They cost too much for little to no benefit on our cars. If you ever go FI none of this matters.

With this set up, a SRI and SR underdrive pulley, I dyno 137.94 whp.
Old 10-17-2005 | 10:44 PM

The hotshot headers say for year 2002+, but i have a 99??
Old 10-17-2005 | 11:57 PM

Check FlyRide section.
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:28 PM

Ok, well i heard some sound clips, and i think i'm gonna go with the motoria. I'm gonna try it out and then decide if i want a glasspack, etc. So it's hopefully gonna be as goes.....

Hotshot Headers (Flyryde), then motoria catback, with a magnaflow or catco cat.

Hopefully it's not too buzzy, but i really don't think it will. Tell me what you think...
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:49 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'd go ahead with the regular racing headers from Kspec.com instead of GT... GT is for looks and i've been told i'm not blasting the full potential of my car due to the drastic bents up front. also the GT's hit the stock fans and become somewhat a pain in the butt whereas the regular ones come straight down to the point.

the BEST thing you can do is buy a Motoria off ebay for cheap and a glasspack. if you don't like the sound you can buy another muffler to replace the motoria one. no midas. no custom mandrel bending. and problem free you still have stainless steel (no need to spend $300 on Jet-Hot no rust ceramic coating) mandrel bent straight piping from the leftover Motoria that fits perfectly up front and the rest is easy picks. agreed?
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:54 PM

Agreed. Thanks.

One question though, isn't Blacktibs getting the headers custom made how he wants them so that they will fit good?? Otherwise i'll probably get the racing headers.

I don't have A/C (yes i know i have a FX but no A/C), anyway so i only have one cooling fan, opposite side of where the headers would go. Would this still be a problem?