Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Exhaust Question

Old 05-05-2006, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay so i see there isnt much support for tiburons atleast my year (2001) i have found lots of cat backs for newer v6 models but not mine and the ones i have found arent made by the manufacturers id prefer, i used to be into 240's and they have a massive aftermarket, and i was looking for an Apex'i N1 2.5 catback for my car, but they didnt make it, so i checked all the brands that i figured i would use, and havent found anything, ive found a few catbacks but i dont know how well they are made, im thinking on just either buying the Apex'i N1 2.5 universal muffler and having a local shop mandrel bend me some 2.5 inch piping and weld that muffler on, as soon as i find a local shop that can mandrel bend and use high quality steel, i dont want any press bent cheap shit, but im not shure if I should just go with my idea, or go and pick up one of these cat backs ive found on these sites ive been looking through...any input on this would be helpful, Also im open to input on which muffler to choose, i just seem to like the Apex'i one but RS-R is also another one of my choices, Thank you.

Logan
Old 05-05-2006, 11:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'd go with your idea... same way I went. Apexi does make an exhaust for our cars, but its only available in Asia, and isn't sold to the American distributors.

As for mufflers, whatever floats your boat. I don't really like the straight-thru design of the Apexi, the sound doesn't cut it for me. I prefer Magnaflow/Flowmaster chambered mufflers.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:06 AM

Thanks man, hows ur exhaust workin out for you? are u happy with the end result?