Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Exhaust Question

Old 12-04-2004, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Exhaust Question

does anyone know of a good muffler that doesnt come with a huge tip? (even one without a tip would work) or at least one with a tip that could be chopped off and replaced?
Old 12-04-2004, 05:59 PM

Try magnaflow. or you could just get glasspack muffler and run a straight pipe after it.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:13 PM

If you want a small tip muffler, keep the stock one, and tell the exhaust shop to modify the back of your muffler to fit the exhaust. The stock muffler is actually really pretty good. Its basically a straight thru muffler.

BTW OP, I could've swore i saw a dyno on a 2.0L Beta with about a 13hp (not whp by the way) gain off of a 4-1 equal length.... but I dunno.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:37 PM

Default Re: aftermarket parts and stock parts added a couple things

oddly enough, I was plannin on keeping my stock tip, for some reason i like it! but i wasnt thinking about the muffler, since I guess I just figured it wasnt very good. but if its not bad, I might try it (save some money that way 8) ). On the other hand, I want a muffler that I know will both perform and sound good (not ricey). Has anyone done a custom exhaust and kept the stock muffler? if so, tell how it was.