Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Evap Purge Valve Problem Ect

Old 09-30-2006, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the system check light checked on, it was some Evap purge control valve something or other, I was wondering if anyone here could shed some light on my problem.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:14 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

hey bro, welcome to rdtiburon. i know it's your 8th post but try the search and a bunch of stuff will come up on it. i know because i have had and still am having problems with mine after i relocated mine to the engine bay for the place of a cold air intake filter. i know i'm not half ass, and i'm smart enough to look at a DIY 50 times over and over again and get it right using the right materials but the car keeps outsmarting me everytime.

for your advice, please post your car, year, transmission, aftermarket mods and problems and i'll be happy to help you out for the complicated stuff. but as for the basics, please go to forums>search at upper right hand corner. you'll find my thread as well as rd1tib and many others giving detailed information.

evap cannister is easy if it wasn't reorganized in some way. if it's not altered, your purge solenoid must be faulty. open your drivers side fenderguard and you'll see a black box. there is a valve connecting to it which is the purge solenoid. you would have to get a new one and just swap it. never take the box out or unplug any unecessary hoses, just plug the new solenoid like it was before.

new solenoid might cost like $40, so don't take my word for it since you have not given any info yet. plus i'm only 50% correct without being corrected.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:19 PM

Thanks, I serached but found either too many threads or 0 so I posted instead.

1998 Tiburon FX, Manual, no mods atm, doesn't seem to cause any problems other than the system check light to go on. Im not exactly sure where the driver's side fednerguard is, seeing as Im almost a complete newbie to auto mechanics, and would I have to buy a brand new solenoid just to test if it needs a fix?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:39 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Elantra

Bump.

My Elantra threw a P0441, purge valve stuck open. Is there a way to clean the purge valve, or do I have to replace it? Thanks.

And it hasn't been ticking for a very long time.