Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Engine overheating, please help!

Old 12-27-2004, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000
Default Transmission swap, help please! Auto to manual.

I am having a problem with my 97 tiburon overheating. The engine does not overheat until all of the fluid is boiled/steamed out. I just recently changed the thermostat and the radiator cap, hoping that was the problem but it wasn't. If it will help to help identify the problem I can smell the radiator fluid in the car. Some one please help me, I'm going through like 1 gallon every two days :!:
Old 12-27-2004, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Transmission swap, help please! Auto to manual.

if you can smell coolant in the car, you have a leak somewhere. I am thinking either near or at the water pump or in the heating circut.

What you really need to do is park the car on a clean surface somewhere when it is hot and let it sit.. see if you can find any dripping. If that does not do it, you have a leak onto something hot and it is boiling off as fast as it leaks out.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:25 AM

Default Re: What did everyone get from Santa?

I hope this is not the case, but this sounds like the same thing that happened to my cavy.

If you cannot find anything leaking, pull the dipstick and see if there is antifreeze there. If so, you may be in the market for a new motor or car.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Solo Loses It Part 1

I had a overheating problem in my 01 tib, and I had my friend change the thermostat. When the problem was still there, I took it to the shop. The problem was my friend bent the new thermostat when he put it in. Maybe check and see if you put the thermostat in right, cause if thats the problem, it will save you some money.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:53 PM

Default WTB: Cuda 2 kit

How many miles do you have on your car? Maybe the water pump is starting to go.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:25 PM

Vehicle: 2000
Default Re: Sound System

It has 108k on it, but I don't think it is the water pump. Any one know where I can get a cracked version of Autotech?