Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

electrical problem again?-**tibby01 its for u :P

Old 01-18-2005, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon
Default electrical problem again?-**tibby01 its for u :P

Okay before this I had the problem where my cluster went out and my whole left side of the car went out..twice in a row..I replaced the fuses and it hasnt given me any problems again. but just recently I have noticed my CRUISE CONTROL light comes on... then off..then on... randomly... and I dont even have cruise control..

confused.gif and input would be appreciated.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

dude, i dont even know right now. my heads all wacked out....lol

try check the stop lamp switch down by the brake pedal. thats all i can come up with right now. sorry.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:12 PM

iv never heard of the stop lamp switch..what does it looks like? and how Do i check it
Old 01-19-2005, 02:34 PM

it touches the brake pedal when the pedal is not being pressed down.. at least thats how it is on the elantra.. i doubt its any different on the Tib
Old 01-19-2005, 02:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

http://www.hmaservice.com/xml/graphics/B8/B8CL001H.jpg

check and see how many wires are coming out of it, and then post back. maybe you got one meant for cruise control systems.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:46 PM

if you look at the thicker wire near the brake pedal there is 2 wires coming from it..

and there are 5 wires at the back of the plug

im thinking someone must be wrong with my electrical in order for this to happen..when it has never happened before.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:39 PM

hmm can I bump this up?...this light is getting kind of annoying now..sorry for the dbl post...mod edit if its an issue I just want to resolve this..

I have also found...if I press up hard right underneath the console dim switch near the steering wheel..the light goess off. I let go..then the light comes back on. : After I did all that my console lights and interior lights & left blinker light and tail lamp went out. but the Cruise light was still on ..POS.. i replaced this fuze twice already in 2 weeks.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:55 PM

It sounds like you could have a frayed wire somewhere in there. I would take the dash off and look at the wires to see if anything is abnormal.

Have you messed with the dash before or changed anything?
Old 01-21-2005, 07:39 AM

noothing since last year.. my old man is does electrical for GM so he looked over my work. I would ask him and show him whats wrong, but hes in europe.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well, that is definitaly a weird one. The only thing I can suggest is go through webtech and find the electrical schematics. Unplug the end point for the cruise indicator light and then run a continuity test on the wire using a multi-meter between the wire and the car body. It seems like you do have a short somewhere on that wire which is causing a complete connection. From what I learned on these cars, the lights are supplied 12v all the time. To come on the ground side is grounded (from the ecu or sensor). So essentially, all that needs to happen for this problem is the ground side of the bulb is bare/crimped and rubbing the body somewhere.

I beleive it was you in another post saying that if you press on the bottom part of the crash pad, it goes out. Look in that general area for the shorting wire.

Hope this somewhat helps, its hard to figure out electrical problems without actually being there :