Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Electrical Issues...

Old 08-14-2008, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/tiburon

<u>PROBLEM #1.-</u> I bought my RD2 wrecked on the driver side

now it's been fixed.

<u>PROBLEM #2.-</u> When it start (sometimes does) it runs great, some other time looks like the starter is dead, but next day runs like new again.

<u>PROBLEM #3.-</u> Some sort of short in the illumination system...

Scenario 1.- First time I drive (in daylight) the car notice that when I use either turn signal my dashbord lights starts flashing (blinking) including the stock stereo, but if I the right turn signal it flashes faster than the left one( of course this means signal light is missing). So I replace it.

Scenario 2.- With all 4 turning signal (2 at front and 2 at rear) the dashboard still blinks and it looks like I pushed the hazzard button not stick for the turning lights.

Both scenarios happend when the headligths switch is off, and if I turn it on, those damn arrows in the dashboard (turning signals indicator) keeps lighted on like they where stuck.

Some other factor my positio lights (those lights above the fog lites) aren't in its place the left one has its conector but doesn't have the soket nor the bulb, and at the right side all is gone there is just a couple of cables that I already taped and separate them.

I know for sure there is a short with the light, but I'm not sure if it's because of the missing position lights or whatever name they have, or something else.

All fuses are OK and every single cable (at least those I check, lol) are in its place...

I hope some of you RD-gurus can help this noob....thanx in advance....
Old 08-14-2008, 12:29 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

usually when one side flashes faster than the other, it has to do with the turn signal. i forget why it does that, but it has to do with how the flasher works. anyways, i would try a new bulb on the corner. it could be the wiring damaged from the accident.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Some other factor my positio lights (those lights above the fog lites) aren't in its place the left one has its conector but doesn't have the soket nor the bulb, and at the right side all is gone there is just a couple of cables that I already taped and separate them.</div>

it's probably exactly that. i don't have an rd2 nor have i taken one apart that much... given the accident, it HAS to be a problem with the turn signal or running lights on the bumper. try unplugging the other running light and see if that works.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:18 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>HyundaiKitCoupe Posted Yesterday, 11:29 PM
usually when one side flashes faster than the other, it has to do with the turn signal. i forget why it does that, but it has to do with how the flasher works. anyways, i would try a new bulb on the corner. it could be the wiring damaged from the accident.</div>

All 4 corner light are in its place, like I said my position lights (those lights above the fog lites) aren't in its place the left one has its conector but doesn't have the soket nor the bulb, and at the right side all is gone there is just a couple of cables that I already taped and separate them. I think this could be the cause, but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:21 PM

UPDATE: Yesterday I got a CEL, so took the tib to Autozone to find out what was about it, so I got 3 codes:
  1. P0300: Cylinder misfire detected - Random Cylinders
  2. P0303: Cylinder misfire detected - Cylinder number 3
  3. P0304: Cylinder misfire detected - Cylinder number 4
SO, now I know where to start solving <u></u>PROBLEM#2:
  1. Ignition system fault-spark plug(s), ignition wires, coil.
  2. Vacuum leak.
  3. Injector fault.
  4. High or low fuel pressure.
I believe I've seen some DIY to check the above mentioned, so I'll do some search and work this weekend.

About <u></u>PROBLEM#3: I'm going to buy both position lights.