Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Electric Problem?

Old 04-13-2008, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

heres my problem.......when lights are off, hit brakes.....dash lights, and parking lights come on..........when lights and everything is on....all three brake lights stay on...........any ideas on where to start with this problem......by the way.....i am not familiar with forums.... and such .........so if this site is practically ran like a prison.....i can look for help elsewhere, if people want to b**** about petty stuff...my first post of introducing my self...a premiere member is already whining about they moved my thread, and should have started two new ones.....so please just bare the newbie and help me out
Old 04-13-2008, 08:11 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Hey man, Think of this place as a bar. We welcome everyone but we have bouncers and techs for a reason. Your thread was probably moved so that it was more visible in a sub form where people have expertise. That was to help you.

You may want to clean your keyboard so your period key isn't stuck.

You do know that if you turn on your lights that your brake lights and such do come on and stay right? Its to help people see cars better at night. When you push in th brake it should come on fully.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:38 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TibFreak @ Apr 13 2008, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>heres my problem.......when lights are off, hit brakes.....dash lights, and parking lights come on..........when lights and everything is on....all three brake lights stay on...........any ideas on where to start with this problem.</div>
I answered your question. You most likely have a bulb with just 1 filamant in the brake/turn signal instead of a bulb with 2 filaments. That is the most common cause of this problem. This is because the bulb itself transfers power back to the gauge cluster and other lamps of the car.

Here's the diagrams.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>.....by the way.....i am not familiar with forums.... and such .........so if this site is practically ran like a prison.....i can look for help elsewhere,</div>

Your posts are extremely difficult to read. You need to use proper punctuation and capitolization. You know, like commas and just one period, quotation marks and maybe the occasional colon. Text is the communication method used on this site. Your text is not very readable. It takes longer to read your posts then others. Most folks on this site will skip right over your posts when they're written like that and read others. So if you continue to type like that, you might want to find help elsewhere.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>if people want to b**** about petty stuff...my first post of introducing my self...a premiere member is already whining about they moved my thread, and should have started two new ones.....so please just bare the newbie and help me out</div>

That was me "whining". You need to think of this place as being more specialized. EG: You are hungry, you require food. You are looking for steak. You go to mcDonalds and say "I want a steak". They say "We don't do that here, you might want to go somewhere that does". So you start complaining that the place is like a prision because McDonalds dosn't do steak? You have to post the proper question in the proper area. You'll learn what topics are for what soon enough.

Your commas are where a period should be. The rest of the "....." should have been commas. And your complaint about me should have been a new thread in the gripes and complaints forum, or at least a new paragraph.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TibFreak @ Apr 13 2008, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>so please just bare the newbie and help me out</div>
I moved the thread for you, and you ARE being helped by members, because you obviously have little forum experience and etiquette. If you WANT help, learn to recognize it.

There is no reason to have multiple threads open. I politely stated in your introduction post that I had moved your posts to a separate thread. I did this to HELP you, so that more people would recognize there was a new thread with a new problem and offer any help they could.

Your post here pisses me off, so I won't say anything further. Our site is very successful, it's been around for years and has thousands of members. I think you'll find we don't run it like a prison. We try to help our members, but we can only do so much - you have to want to receive the help.

I have already guided your thread into this forum topic, so there is no need to start a new one. The other post shows much more information into the problem, so I am closing this one. No need to have multiple topics running on the same problem.

<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">Go here for further discussion:</span> http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=27119

locked.gif