Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Egine Is Loudddd

Old 06-26-2009, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My engine at idle AND accelerating is getting louder and louder daily. my only aftermarket part is an aem knockoff cai...

any idea to why it is getting so loud under the hood? also... my car seems much less responsive than it was in the past. I can not figure out what the deal is.

thanks
Old 06-26-2009, 12:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

loose or cracked exhaust manifold. look to see if you have had the factory recall done on the exhaust manifold. another place to look is see if you have a leak in your exhaust system, specifically around the flex pipe as sometimes they are very hard to see if the leak is under then mesh.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:54 PM

thanks alot. im just starting to learn about my engine... where should i be looking for the crack or if its loose?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

they will crack right along the flange of the manifold. if it's loose, 14mm socket does the trick on that one. i dont remember the exact torque specs but i usually just hand tighten them with a 3/8" socket wrench until i can get them any tighter. I'm not a body builder by any means so i am not worried about breaking off a stud in the head.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Also look for cracks where the runners meet. The pipes that come off the side of the engine, where they join together, is a crack-prone area.

Verify the security of the intake pipes also. Tighten it all even if it looks tight, you might be surprised.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:44 PM

well my car got broken into so its at the shop now getting fixed... i get it in an hour so i will look around for these cracks.. not really sure where to look but i should find it