Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

eBay OBX Headers

Old 01-11-2005, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay OBX Headers

Anyone tried these heads? Hows the quality?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

seller claims that it has O2 bungs for the stock sensors. I like the idea of not having to mess around with making my own 2nd hole. Can anyone verify this?
Old 01-11-2005, 11:17 AM

Well even if it does have 2 o2 bungs it will matter if you want a cel or not. When you put on the header you will remove the first cat. Usually it goes O2-Cat-O2-2nd Cat-Rest of Exhuast system. When you take out the first cat both sensors read the same thing so you will get a cel. You will need to get a bung welded on after the 2nd cat and extend the 2nd sensor to that location. This will prevent the cel from coming on.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:45 AM

I still get CEL with that setup
Old 01-11-2005, 11:47 AM

Well that is interesting. I originally had a cel even after doing this correctly. But that was because my second o2 sensor went bad at the same time I did the header install and such. Since then I have installed a high flow cat in between the two sensors and the cel has not come back for over 6k miles.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:52 AM

He has listed that the header will give you 7 to 12 horses. I doubt you will get this much horsepower from this 4-2-1 by itself. You will feel it more on the low end.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:19 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

what do you need to extend O2 sensor to after second cat? is it long enough?
my suggestion...take apart dash, remove instrument cluster, unscrew CEL light bulb, put everything back...problem solved!
Old 01-11-2005, 12:21 PM

You just need some wire and a wireloom to run it in then extend the wire. Just removing the bulb is NOT a good idea. Two reasons for this. One it masks if you have any other problem and two your car will go into a different error mode when you get this cel. It makes the ECU add more fuel.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:35 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

j/k man,

what's with this 10 character requirement to post? oh well, now I have more than 10...
Old 01-11-2005, 12:36 PM

^^^ I wasnt sure..... Some people actually recommend to other people to do that. Its all good. yeah that 10 character thing is a pita.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:52 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy)</div><div class='quotemain'>what do you need to extend O2 sensor to after second cat? is it long enough?</div>

Only use one of the bungs on that header, plug the other.

You could also get a high flow cat with a built-in bung if you are going to replace the cat too, and skip getting one welded in after the cat.

The second O2 sensor was not long enough and had to be extended on my install, although the first one just reached. Someone on HP has posted that it will reach, but I took apart half my car trying to find the alleged extra wire length, and it doesn't exist. I extended mine a little less than two feet. Had a cel for about 50 of the first 100 miles, and it's been gone since. My guess is the cat needed to break in.