Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Ebay

Old 03-01-2010, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i have some money laying around that i can use and a lot of this stuff on ebay looks really enticing but im sure half of it is not legit...has anyone ever had experience with buying a cold air intake off ebay or hids or anything? let me know what you guys think could be a good deal

CAI's
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-01-Hyund...sQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOMZ-1997-1...sQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-1999-2...sQ5fAccessories

HID's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-2001-2...sQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-2001-H...sQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON-HID-L...sQ5fAccessories
Old 03-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

the first CAI is not a CAI, it's a short ram (Warm Air Intake) that can be made by going to AutoZone.
The second looks like an Injen knock off
The third looks like an AEM knock off

bottom line - I wouldn't trust any of them. And don't trust any that refer to the 2002 Tiburon, it still doesn't exist.

Don't buy any of those headlights. There are threads around here about inexpensive ($50-75 I think) HIDs. Do a search on our forums. None of those bulbs are HIDs, and you don't need custom H1 bulbs, nobody will even see them.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

only one person i go through for HID's and that is Jay-m. true, you can get them cheaper but you will not have the customer service from anywheres that you will get from him, period.

shit, i'll give you my injen intake. it's not quite a CAI (filter is directly under the battery) all i would need in payment from you is your plastic intake elbow. It will defiinitely needed to be cleaned up or painted which i can also do for you. ask me for pics if you are interested.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:42 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I recommend DDM tuning for HIDs. Cheap, fast delivery and a great product. www.ddmtuning.com

Just make a warm air intake with parts from a auto supply store... easy as pie with decent results.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

^ what they said. The following applies to ANY eBay auction.

I make my living on eBay and let me tell you one thing for sure:

<span style="color:#FF0000"><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">NEVER, EVER, EVER, <u>BUT NEVER</u></span></span> buy from anyone with less than 99% positive feedback!

*First, check to be as sure as you can that a part for sale is *exactly* what you need. Read the whole page, top to bottom and understand all of it. If you are not dead certain, do your own research off-ebay to be sure part numbers or models are correct. Don't hesitate to ask a seller directly if an item will work for your specific application.
*Then find the box that says "Seller info" and look at the number next to their username. If it's not in the THOUSANDS at least, keep shopping unless you just gotta have what they are selling
*Click that number (it's their feedback #) and when the next page pops up, scroll all the way to the bottom and select to view 200 feedbacks per page. Scroll through until you see a and read the comments next to it.

Example: For this item your seller has a 98.4% feedback rating. Displaying 200 feedbacks at a time you will find:

*Item damaged/Returned.Not recv'd new item,its been 2 wks & FdX# given incorrect
*DOESN’T MATCH DESCRIPTION WON’T REPLACE T25 on SR. Oil line threads WRONG!!
*HE Sent wrong item.I contacted, He wont fix problem. buyers Beware!
*My trans. was cancelled by seller & promised a refund 6 days ago. where is it???
*Seller does not respond to emails and phone calls. invalid tracking info. etc

Do you really want to be the person who has to write any of ^ those comments? Then stay away.

At my company, we love our 99.8% so we bend over backwards and do ridonculous amounts of extra work to prevent negative feedbacks . . . and we still get a couple every month out of 500-700 items sold. A seller's reputation is the ONLY thing you have to go by. Make sure you pick the right seller.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

agreed wholeheartedly with what Stocker has to say about ebay...it can be a real hassle, not only be wary of ebay but all sellers over the internet... unless its something like Jegs or Summit, but even so problems can be had with them as well
Old 03-02-2010, 06:10 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UrS0NvS @ Mar 2 2010, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>only one person i go through for HID's and that is Jay-m. true, you can get them cheaper but you will not have the customer service from anywheres that you will get from him, period.

shit, i'll give you my injen intake. it's not quite a CAI (filter is directly under the battery) all i would need in payment from you is your plastic intake elbow. It will defiinitely needed to be cleaned up or painted which i can also do for you. ask me for pics if you are interested.</div>

youd really do that? thatd be awesome, ill pm you. Thanks alot

To everyone else, good looks on the other suggestions for HID's ill definitely be buying through one of them. Thanks
Old 03-02-2010, 06:19 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

heyy go here www.vvme.com HIDs for $45 for our cars. thats where i'm getting mine.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I have heard positive things about DDMTuning as well. I believe I got miine from Jay-M but can't remember.

search our forums, I'm sure you'll find something. Check out our Vendors, they're there for a reason.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:31 PM

just did a quick google search on ddmtuning....these are what im looking for right?

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=produ...2&parent=85