Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Easy Performance

Old 02-07-2005, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Back on topic guys.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:30 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX

to bring this back on topic... Easy to do mods are most of the N/A mods that you can have done ie. Intake, IM, BBTB, Headers, Exhaust, Pulleys, cam, uhh? blank (dont know why i caped all those parts...). Neways cheap easy power, what Im doing b4 i put nitrous or boost into the car.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:27 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nihildark)</div><div class='quotemain'>As a little side question, what's the highest speed anybody's got a Tib up to? I've only ever taken my stock Tib up to 110mph (not enough road, too many cops). mugshot.gif</div>

There is a thread about top speed somewhere on here, make sure that when you say you reached 110mph that you mean it at a track or at least lie to us somewhow, Java is realy strict on when it comes to street racing and does not condone it in any way.

Most Affordable and best bolt on mod at first is a CAI, that can run you from $20(cheap ebay) to over $100 (for real AEM or whatnot). That is extreamly simple to do, even i was able to do it alone in 20minuts and im the village idiot, erm, the forum idiot.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:38 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Kit your the forum Moron get it straight..lol

any ways welcome on.. good to see a muscle car man get a tibby.. U can do the N/A mods to get easy power, but to get near the muscle again your gonna wanna go with turbo... it will be a nice experience tho, having to earn your power instead of being blessed with it.. and youll have the looks to boot!!
Old 02-08-2005, 08:21 AM

I did a little price checking and most of what I want to do is affordable (to a point). A piece here and a piece there and I should have a respectable car.

However, I don't think I'll ever go turbo. Even a mild turbo sounds way over my head. I don't have the paitence to adjust things like air/fuel ratios and I certainly don't have the electronics knowledge for the controllers.

This gets me thinking, has anybody supercharged a Tib? You wouldn't get near the hp gains you would with turbo, but it is an interesting thought.

Thanks for all your advice guys!
Old 02-08-2005, 08:41 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

nothing to be afraid of about going for a low-boosted turbo. the kit made by speed-factor is supposed to be very easy to install + maintain, and you can always find someone to help you tune it. a low boosted turbo is going to get you more power and cost less than ALL the n/a mods possible for a tib.

anyway, alpine makes a supercharger..but it is not cost-effective at all and will NOT get you over 200whp, even if it has an amazing cooling system and has been MAJORLY tuned

as for top speed, tibs have a limiter that cuts out at 130mph, and you can achieve 130mph even if you're stock. (just takes longer smile.gif )
supposedly someone took it off and got to 145mph and was stock? correct me if im wrong on that one...but there's a whole thread on top speed somewhere.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:52 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX

ya my governer is removed so i went alittle over 130, now you say all N/A mods wont do nearly as much as a low psi turbo? how much for the best turbo for a tib? i cant remember the company who makes it.

**Edit** would it be the speed factor extreme?
Old 02-08-2005, 09:33 AM

I would get it from speed factor.. not only do you get a great turbo.. but he is also a moderator here.. so you will get excellant service and help.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If this is his first EFI I don't see him getting anywhere near even a low-boost setup. 60's MOPARs and Tibs are far away from each other. tongue.gif Depends on where he lives as well. Tuning is hour and and a half away from me...
Old 02-08-2005, 01:44 PM

Nihi..good to see another exmusclecar guy here..unfortuneatly, a N/A tib won't even come close to the muscle car feel (even with the mods listed)...the best way to go is with a turbo