Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Dynomax Thrush Glasspck Installed

Old 07-06-2005, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

hell yea, i have the 28 inch thrushmaster, and it sounds awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! along with an apexi n1 n/a muffler, and 2.5 inch piping, and a 91000 series carsound hi-flow cat, and 4 to 1 headers, i get complements on my exhaust all the time
Old 07-06-2005, 01:46 PM

ultratibby ....did you keep the muffler the mbrp comes with or did you change that too....i got my exhaust to be a lil quieter but if i can do more and actually not lose anymore HP that would be great i would pick one of these up in a heartbeat....i was thinking the muffler might have been the problem...i like the way it looks and i dont mind a slightly loud exhaust but not one that leaves me deaf...lol
Old 07-06-2005, 02:00 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltraTibby @ Jul 4 2005, 01:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I had the built in MBRP resonator. After taking the MBRP one off I found that it was actually louvered. You could barely see through the thing.

<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

that's weird. My MBRP resonator is perforated. maybe mine wasn't the originally installed resonator, cuz I bought it used and the resonator looked brand new.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:18 PM

I kept the MBRP muffler. Only thing that was changed was the resonator was replaced with the glasspack. It definitely did not lose any power. Actually felt a little better than when the MBRP resonator was on there.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Who here has got 2.5in piping?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

Lucky bastards! I can't believe how cheap stuff is for you guys mad.gif Yesterday, I went & got a quote for a 30" x 4" glasspacked perforated-core resonator... $220AUD! + fitting!!