Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Dual-outlet Muffler

Old 12-28-2005, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

some of you probably will think i'm rice for this...anyway, the reason i want one is because i'm getting the king lip molded in the rear bumper, and i personally just don't like the way the king rear looks without a dual exhaust. so instead of getting a shop to custom make a cat-back with a Y i'm looking for one of these..

http://oxmuffler.tripod.com/installs.htm
last one (the neon)
that's a magnaflow, i really wish i could find the part # of one or one similar, but haven't been able to..maybe i will call that company, though i doubt they'll know.

this one's for a miata, but they want $375 for it...

can anyone help?
Old 12-28-2005, 07:41 AM

Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon

there good mufflers kinda quiet thow... depends on what your going for
Old 12-28-2005, 10:54 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Dear god man....

**Slap**

What the hell is wrong with you?

joke.gif

But in all serious, it'll probably be more expensive than the average muffler. As for a car that matches up slightly... eh. You could prob just get one and chop it down \ extend it if you wanted.

But it looks to be a pretty hefty investment.

Note to self: 2,999 posts, must party party later on next post. =)
Old 12-28-2005, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

zoned, i like your taste man but you won't really be able to do much until the king rear comes back so they can fit it in.

i think thats a bad ass idea. i think you should go with that awsome setup and try everything you can to do it. my only concern is how the heck will you not use a Y pipe if the car isn't a V6? I mean you have a downpipe and what goes after the downpipe? How would the downpipe split up?

Second, there is no room for the exhaust under the car so you would have to have the pipe come down under the car and have to split the left side under the axle in an angle. i've had my pipe go under the axle they welded the sh*t to the axle and it was perfectly fine that's no problem. if you want to split up the pipes under the car you'll have a nice pole vault under there and if you hit or run something over the pipe will smash in half not to mention the cats if you're going to use them.

my advice to you is to buy a dual rear muffler just like that one and have them cut off the hangers. if the tips stick out you can always have a shop cut them in half ($$) so you can fit it in the area directly behind the bumper. It's not difficult at all. All you have to do is find a shop and make SURE you stay with them to watch the whole extravaganza to be able to tell them what exactly you want. Dual exhaust is sexy, it's just a matter of finding a shop and having them do the piping for you and welding everything nicely.

i also want to say, that kind of exhaust may look nice, but it should weigh a good 80 pounds man. what i did is i just bought a magnaflow dual chrome tip. sure it weighs more than the other one but it sounds like a yaht!!

there is one other methos and this is the one I like, is just by two magnaflows and have them extend one pipe to the left.