Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Dual Exhaust

Old 10-26-2005, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

Okay I know I know, won't help much on a 4 cyl, but it's mostly for show. I want something that is going to sound nice and of course not restrict my HP too much. I know there's some guys on here who have done it (people with the cuda), can I get some input on the best way to do it? And where the hell do you hang it? There's like nowhere to hang an exhaust under a damn tib..
2.5" in splitting into two 1.25" after the Y? How long is the initial 2.5" The 1.75" Is this even a good setup?
Of course it will be stainless and mandrel, and will be complimenting my equal length headers. I definitely want 2.5", and under-axel if possible. I'm going for an all-out n/a setup this year, and possibly next summer getting the flyryde turbo kit when it's done.

Just FYI, the reason I'm doing this is because I love the way the King lip looks after it's molded and then with dual exhaust, very nice. After the winter my bodykit will be painted, expect some nice pix then^^smile.gif

photochop (thx to oz) of what it will look like. also, add a shark wing and smoked tails to that image in your mind.

Any input for the best setup to retain max HP and good sound would be appreciated.
thanks.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:18 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

IMO after 2.5" split there should be 2 pipes 2" or 2.25".
Old 10-26-2005, 06:03 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ye 1.75in is a little small after the split.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:10 AM

just do not do what the one civic around here has done. He has dual tips... but only one is hooked up. His car runs very rich and one side is black (as is the bodywork) and the other is all nice and shiney
Old 10-26-2005, 07:29 AM

You might kill horsepower with the extra backpressure but the pic looks allright with the duals.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:31 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

There's a kid around here with a *cough*sunfire*cough* that has 2 exhausts but only one is hanging there...
do it for real.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:57 PM

LOL, c'mon guys, you should know me better than to know I'm not going to buy 2 mufflers and duck tape one there to get the look.
I just don't know how I'm going to hang it or what's the best way to go about it to actually gain HP. I love the look (and it's the only way that bumper looks good IMO) but I want to have it functional.
Let's get some input from some guys who've done it or planned to (jaws I know you were going to do it once upon a time, and anyone who's got a cuda'ed rd2...cmon)

oh yeah, and initial post should read two 1.75", i typed 1.25" or some reason the first time..

The Bumpasaurus makes a cameo?
Old 10-26-2005, 03:18 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I can supply anyone willing with a GK dual OEM exhaust for free. Anyone need one for a project? Free stuff here. I have about 10 sets or so. Just pay shipping, and they're yours.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:54 PM

Would it work?

What are the dimensions on the piping? What's the setup look like? Easy to bolt up on an RD?? I've never seen a GK one

Basically guys, I'm set on going dual down the road, I've done lots of searching and heard that you lose a little low end, but really it's not too noticeable.
The best thing to do seems to go 2.5", cat, glasspack, Y-pipe, two 2" pipes to the mufflers.

I read KayJai saying that the GK setup is very restrictive
hamhead says the GK setup wouldn't work well on an RD because it's 2.25" all the way down. Also said that the GK I-4 loses almost no power by having dual exhaust.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:58 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

LOL... zoned, it's "duct tape." lmao.gif

i was planning on doing this with meh car. i think it would totally be worth it. i don't know about the back pressure though. it's highly possible. all you would have to do is supply the shop with the piping and mufflers, they would take care of hanging it and welding hangers to the frame.

i say go for it. the reason i didn't was because i don't have the money to play around with non-important stuff like that right now...