Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Driverside Melt Down

Old 07-07-2009, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I got a 12 mo./ 15,000 mile warranty from the dealership I bought the car at. So they agreed to cover the cost.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:00 PM

Hahahaha hate to bring this one back up, but trying to leave a friends house yesterday the car just wouldn't start. Even when turning the key the clock, radio, etc. won't turn on and the engine doesn't even TRY to start. After trying to jump start it with my aunts Suburban we decided it was D.E.A.D. Sooooo after a heated discussion with the dealership they agreed to get the car towed 60 miles to their primary location to get it fixed owned.gif If they're gonna sell me a lemon they're gonna have to pay for it to be towed to their place.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Probably one of the larger (20-40 amp) fusible links in the fusebox that was blown. Probably cause by constantly inserting new fuses without correcting the problem, finally the larger fuse blew.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 PM

Possibly, I changed the taillight fuse in the engine bay box at least three or four times. Could that really kill a larger fuse? When I first tried starting the car I heard a slight buzz from the engine and that was all. After turning the key again I heard and saw nothing... I'm beginning to think you are right
Old 07-11-2009, 09:31 PM

Unfortunately not all fuses are made equally, and sometimes one does not blow quick enough. I've run into it alot in homes, especially with Federal Pioneer breaker panels, where when a circuit is shorted, the main 100 amp breaker trips before the 15 amp breaker of the branch circuit does.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:20 PM

Weird, but this is my theory based on the evidence I've gathered... (Missing screws on stock intake, extra hole drilled in fire wall, Gauge lights not working even after fuse replaced.) The guy that sold it to the dealership probably had some aftermarket parts in the engine bay including the custom intake. replacing the stock intake before selling it to a dealership. I'm guessing the guy cut into a wire or screwed up the ground wire behind the dash while removing an extra gauge, possibly? Because the dealership told me the short was definitely behind the dash somewhere.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:40 PM

Sounds about right. You can never tell what other people have done with their cars, there are so many ways of doing things... Just gotta roll with it. Had similar issues when I bought my tib.