Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Door Lock And Unlock Trouble Shooting Rd2..help

Old 04-01-2007, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

So here is the issue....i have had my door locks go on the fritz lately when the drivers side will no longer auto unlock or lock the passenger side with the flick of the switch. I have just recently added an alarm and i want to try and discover the previous problem of the door switch not opening both sides so i can get my alarm to unlock both doors. Does anyone know where to start looking for the problem because i see no electrical relays or anything like that in or around the door switch that would allow the flick of the drivers door lock to lock and unlock the passenger side...so where is the relay or fuse or is there something else i'm not looking at or has anyone else had this problem.

Thanks
JD
Old 04-01-2007, 06:29 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

if it's making noise, you'll have to go inside the door and screw the bar back into the adapter. If it's not making noise, the fuse was installed inline under the dash by the dealership.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:47 PM

I think i may have confused everyone.....my car is stock with no oem or aftermarket alarm and the doors unlock and lock both sides when you stick the key in the drivers side and turn it or flip the switch from inside the car. This is what has been acting up and i need to get this fixed so when i install my aftermarket alarm they only have to use one actuator thing to pop both doors since it works that way from the factory when you open the drivers side.

Hope that makes more sense and someone has an idea

Thanks
JD
Old 04-01-2007, 07:54 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

why not just juse 2 actuators to unlock both of the doors...easy, cheap fix.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:59 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Do the doors unlock automaticaly from the factory? I thought that was part of the dealer's options. Either way... if it makes noise, the problem is the bar in the door, if it does not make noise, the problem is a fuse or the passenger's side door actuator. you can pick up an actuator for $15-20. Any old actuator will work.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:13 PM

Thanks i'll check it out tomorrow.....