Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

DOn't understand , my tib works good in the snow???

Old 12-29-2004, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bigtime electrical Problems HELP PLEASE

I have never had a problem driving my tib in the snow... I remember years ago when I was living outside of Reading Pa, I was in Philly when the snow started to come down hard... what should have been an hour trip turned into a two and a half... but what was funny, EVERYBODY was driving in the slow lanes of the turnpike.. following in the ruts of the car infront of them. Nobody had driven in the fast "passing" lane where I was plowing through virgin snow... great fun as I passed everyone that day.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:13 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib
Default Re: doing cam research

not really on topic of tires and traction, but for some reason since it's been really cold my transmission has been shifting MUCH smoother. i thought my auto tranny was starting to slip, and since the cold weather hit whenever it's cold it seems like it shifts so much better.
i guess it could just be me
..dunno
Old 12-30-2004, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Header O2 sensor headache

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (korean_redneck)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mud boggin too? sweet. I should try that!! but first I must know if any of the Tiburon's Internals are sensitive??</div>
Only thing sensitive is if you have an open filter. I still had the stock box at the time. If I would of took pictures I know it looked just like it does in the rallys.lmao
Old 01-02-2005, 08:24 AM

Default Re: Just wanted to say hi

with all this being said, would putting sandbags in the trunk be a bad idea? One of my friends has a tib as well and he put bags in the back, me on the other hand just lazy and dont feel like going out and buying them.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:41 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Practice Tree

I don't know about the bags in the back. RWD vehicles do that so there is more weight over the rear wheels. If anything you'd want to put weight in the front. That would do more than weight in the back IMO.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: The Legitimacy of our 1/4 miles *split the 14 Sec NA tib

If you are cornering, bags in the back might help the overall weight distribution. Probably wouldn't help much because the weight you'd have to put in the back to make it even would make you pretty slow.

For dragging with a FWD car, you'd want the weight in the front kind of. After you launch, all the power moves back to the rear. Which is the reason why RWD cars launch better than FWD cars.
----
Either way, FWD sucks. If you want a cornering beast, get a Miata. If you want a dragger, get RWD or AWD. Only thing FWD is good for is less drivetrain loss. lol.gif