Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

DOn't understand , my tib works good in the snow???

Old 12-27-2004, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Engine overheating, please help!

Well, Its the first time I've driven my 99 Tiburon in the snow Yesterday.. I got Bridgestone All Season INDY 500 50 series and my car did well in the Snow/Ice. the 4 wheel braking sucked in the ice.. all the car did is oversteer on turns. otherwise my car did super!
Old 12-27-2004, 01:07 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Solo Loses It Part 1

no kidding. tibs are excellent in the snow. the oversteering actually is a good thing as you have so much more control of steering.

there is rarely any understeering.

every car is a car with four wheels. every car will do the same thing under the same conditions. for example, if you drive ANY car and brake while turning you will understeer.

the tiburons compensate and turn the rules of nature around to help us out. i have never driven any other car that performed better than my tiburon in the snow. lexus' and mercades, mustangs and SUV's were stuck in the road while i passed them by without a sweat.

i think the secret is the center of gravity. ours is more up front. we have so much more control over our steering because of the rear end sliding, it is purely FUN to drive in the snow! almost like the workd rally championship. 60/40 weight distribution. i love it! the rear sliding isn't so much that the rear of the car whips around... it's rather pleasurable and thrilling as we have more control that way.

the tiburons are great in the snow. i actually felt comfortable taking it out in a foot of snow, however, every car has its limit of snow. the second winter performance theory is to have good all-season/winter tires. then consider yourself the frost king.

personally, i have some all season tires. but i'm switching to racing/wet/dry tires for looks... yes. i've sold myself out. lol.gif
Old 12-27-2004, 02:46 PM

Default Re: building a computer

Front wheel drive cars do very well in snow.

Why? becuase all of the weight of the engine is sitting more or less directly over the drive wheels. That means more traction, when compared to a RWD car. Also, most FWD cars have inherent (Sp?) understeer. RWD cars are inherently prone to oversteer.

What we actually end up with when driving on snow is more or less a neutral balance.... Understeer and Oversteer are producing roughly the same amount of force on the car when turning, basically negating the effects of both.

The increased predictability is what makes driving a FWD car in the snow so much more fun.

But alas, theres always a down side......Its alot harder to do continuous donuts in a FWD car than in a RWD. Solely because RWD's have more oversteer in general and are much easier to rotate using only the throttle.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:12 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: Temp. Control Wire Removal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibwrcsbj)</div><div class='quotemain'>But alas, theres always a down side......Its alot harder to do continuous donuts in a FWD car than in a RWD. Solely because RWD's have more oversteer in general and are much easier to rotate using only the throttle.</div>

oooh, young grasshopper. have you ever done the wonderful art of tray sliding??

place 2 trays (fast food-type trays) under your rear wheels. set your e-brake. and DRIIIIIIIVE

save target as and view...
http://www.chariot32.com/hyundai/TruTrent.mpg

for the following one... save target as.... just fast forward til about the last 45 secs. the first couple mins is stupid stuff ArcticChill put on the video.
http://www.chariot32.com/hyundai/tibfest/t...utrent_comp.avi
56K warning on 2nd one: 141 megs.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:13 PM

Default Re: DOn't understand , my tib works good in the snow???

*cough* reverse donuts. 8)
Old 12-27-2004, 08:51 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Who Can Read Hangul? WTF is this?

This is the first winter that I'm not running bald summer tires on my tibby, I have all-seasons, and they are working pretty well. All though, I did go out and do some "spirited" winter driving, took a corner a bit to fast, understeered, missed the light post by a couple of feet, went into a ditch, up the other side, back down, then back up onto the road. This popped my cv shaft out (been having problems with it) and now the car pulles hard to the left and shakes pretty bad over 40 :x
Old 12-29-2004, 01:39 AM

Default Header O2 sensor headache

The Tibs do good in mud bogging too. lol.gif I was improv rally behind my house long time ago with a nice mud pit. Lets just say the inside and outside was caked in mud. I wish I had pics. My engine bay is still dirty that was over 2 years ago.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:51 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Screw in rear rotor?

Mud boggin too? sweet. I should try that!! but first I must know if any of the Tiburon's Internals are sensitive??
Old 12-29-2004, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Global Warming and Major Natural Disasters

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>no kidding. tibs are excellent in the snow...
the tiburons compensate and turn the rules of nature around to help us out.</div>
I am pretty sure it's due to the rear sway bar. RD1s (and probably RD2s too) came with a rear sway bar of 17mm, that's larger than the average competition. Elantras (I have my doubts with the 1st gen GLS model which I think had 17mm also) came with a rear sway bar of only 14mm, and beleive it or not, those 3mm area a HUGE difference.
A larger rear sway bar would make a FWD oversteer when pushed hard, the down side is it's not safe to have a too large sway bar, you could end with your tail on the front with no previous warning and in an emergency manouver it wouldn't be good (I am not talking about snow driving, but fast pavement driving). In snow, which we don't get here, it must be really fun, because you don't drive too fast, or at least you shouldn't lol.gif
Old 12-29-2004, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Holy Crap

Yeah well i have my summer radials still on, (a rain tire with no tread) and the tibby does awsome. Plus i live in new brunswick and we just got a 30 cm snow storm. It handles awsome!