Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

does anyone make a BIM for a tibby

Old 07-28-2002, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone make a BIM for a tibby

are there any companys that make BIM's for tibbys
Old 07-28-2002, 05:25 PM

i've been looking myself, but to no avail. your best bet is to take it to a local machine shop and have them bore and polish it for you. that's gonna be my next mod as well.
Old 07-28-2002, 05:49 PM

You might want to send it to Onpol, Im thinking about shipping mine out to him, he does excellent work
Old 07-28-2002, 06:50 PM

I have heard good things about Onpol.
However, I think Venom had one out as well. Its NOS ready and shiny too!
I haven't looked at the specs of a venom but I want a 61mm IM, not bored, but mandrel bent.
the IM in the Tib can only be bored out to a max of 58mm, leaving 1mm of metal left.

Z?
Old 07-28-2002, 10:13 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>aktivkontrol:
I have heard good things about Onpol.
However, I think Venom had one out as well. Its NOS ready and shiny too!
I haven't looked at the specs of a venom but I want a 61mm IM, not bored, but mandrel bent.
the IM in the Tib can only be bored out to a max of 58mm, leaving 1mm of metal left.

Z?</div>mandrel bending is for exhausts only. It means that the exhaust tube is heated and bent with a special type of wheel so that there are now *ripples* in the metal as with crush-bent.

As for your IM, having it custom bored and polished is the ONLY way to get a BIM right now. All the aftermarket IM's from korea are hideously expensive.

now your comment about the IM only being able to be bored out to 58mm, leads me to beleive that your thinking about the throttle body and not the IM(intake manifold). Yes the stock TB can only be bored out to 58mm, but the stock IM can go to 61mm and beyond(requires alot more metal to be removed). But if you want true 61mm, get yourself the BBTB(barney throttle body from SR) and send your IM to onpol to have him bore it to 61mm.

just my 2c.