Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Defroster - A/c

Old 12-13-2007, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok well, my car just got installed with remote for lock/unlock, security, and starter.
we chose this because, as i mentioned in other thread, we work at plastic factory, we can't always go out to the car and start it up ourselves, not to mention we're not comfortable with leaving the key in the ignition for the car to warm it up, i've told everyone before, my car's the only tiburon in town, and easily envied, apparently the whole beating up my car was because of jealousy! and leaving the key in there for car warm up, well someone can easily go in there and drive off with it, you know wat i mean

so i got the starter so we dont have to go outside, just turn it on from the door, now my next question would be if we have all the setting that you suggested ready before start of shift, and then remote start it some few minutes before we get off, it'll help just as well?
Old 12-13-2007, 04:30 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

There's a wire going into the back side of the a/c or recirculate which leads to the functions dial, if you pull it out, it will disable the on/off with defrostfunction of the switch. I left it disconnected once and had to reopen my dashboard to get it working.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:53 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Up here in Canada, I always have that problem with the ice not melting.
In the middle of winter if I let the car run for an hour, it would still have ice that needs to be scraped off. But about 4 minutes after I start driving, usually even from a cold start, then it starts to melt the ice, every time. The engine just won't heat up without some higher-than-idle RPMs.

When I was driving in the winter, I would let it run for about 4-5 minutes before I left for work, and then after I start driving, i'd leave the fan on the lowest setting until I see that temp gauge move a little bit - then crank it to max.

It always started to move right as I went past the same gas station every morning, no matter how long I let the car warm up before getting in. wink1.gif
Old 12-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FoxXy TibBy @ Dec 13 2007, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ok well, my car just got installed with remote for lock/unlock, security, and starter.
we chose this because, as i mentioned in other thread, we work at plastic factory, we can't always go out to the car and start it up ourselves, not to mention we're not comfortable with leaving the key in the ignition for the car to warm it up, i've told everyone before, my car's the only tiburon in town, and easily envied, apparently the whole beating up my car was because of jealousy! and leaving the key in there for car warm up, well someone can easily go in there and drive off with it, you know wat i mean

so i got the starter so we dont have to go outside, just turn it on from the door, now my next question would be if we have all the setting that you suggested ready before start of shift, and then remote start it some few minutes before we get off, it'll help just as well?</div>
Yes, I have the same setup.

Just leave your knobs where you want them when you leave your car - you don't even have to be in view of it, but I watch it start just to make sure it does. Mine will retry 3 times if it doesn't start the first time.

I park my cars in a nice cozy garage at home, so I leave a garage door opener in my bedroom so I can open the garage door and start the car every morning (exhaust fumes + enclosed garage = bad).
Old 12-16-2007, 04:44 PM

So for an RD1, would it work better if we put the a/c on when we defogged the window s?Â
Old 12-18-2007, 08:04 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

not sure if true but i was also told that the defogger setup with the a/c coming on was also a matnance thing so that during the winter the a/c compressor wouldnot lock upfrom no use and extrem temps. so any new news on this tell me.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Tell you what?

Try asking a question.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:02 AM

<span style="color:#FF0000"><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">!!THANKS REDZ!!</span></span>

the step by step you recommended actually worked!! i'm gonna start using the setting that way from now on!!