Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Decision Needed On What Parts To Order

Old 01-17-2008, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Hey guys, Im looking at replacing all the old belts on my tib and would like to do the pulleys as well. Question is what combinantion should I go with?

I was thinking I'd get the timingbelt kit from SFR and OBX pulleys. But searching tells there is some indecsion with obx on which pulleys will fit and work with stock belts. So should I maybe go with the ARK set? I'd like to get the better quality (ARK) but if there isn't much of a difference can I save a bit of cash with the OBX?

Now at that point I will be going underdrive so does anyone have a part number for a shorted belt that I can get at NAPA or other autoparts stores?

I read Mr. Redz' thread and that left me a bit foggy so any help would be nice.

Also guys I'm doing a pretty major tune up along with some n/a mods is there anything engine wise I might consider at 250 000kms?

Plans to install: Koyo Rad, System header to mate with my exhaust, 1.8 cam and cam gear, new crankcase and gasket, 1.8 ecu, fluid dump and refill with Royal Purple in as many places as possible and the Outlaw Engineering kit.
Plugs and wires are new,AEM on my breather side, catch can already in place.

What about the oil pan swap? Im going to stay n/a but it seems like I might benefit? Can some shed some light on what I might need?

Ideas on what to do to me olde tib? lol
Old 01-17-2008, 12:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

If you get a timing belt kit from SFR and go around and change pulleys, Unless the pulleys have the same diameter then the belts will be useless. only things that you will use are idlers, timing belt and water pump. You may be able to talk to KDMguy at SFR and see if you can order the stuff without belts and knock off the price a bit.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:44 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

I have the ARK pulleys and am very happy with them.

The proper belts for these pullies are:
K040335 (34” or 860MM) for the Water pump and alternator belt.
K040320 (32.75” or 830MM) for the AC belt.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:59 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

I have the OBXs and they're great.

Check out this thread too:
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=13998
Old 01-18-2008, 10:40 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Hey guys thanks for the help. I think I may go for the obx as I can get them in silver fing02.gif

Anyone having issues with these?

Just for the record are the idlers and water pump a common problem with are engines? I asume the water pump would be a wear and tear item but the idelers?