Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Custom Im

Old 04-04-2007, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am fabing up a im for our cars since airram is no more...
i'm guessing the price will be about 400 plus shipping, but i didn't start the actual dirty work yet, just starting to do some research.

I just have one question and that is, would 1-7/8 runners be too big. I have not yet gotten a hold of a spare stocker.

This unit will bolt up, however, you will most likely have to modify your intake because of what i'm using as a base...no i'm not going to tell/show anyone what it consists of until i'm done.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:47 PM

Vehicle: 02 Accent

i have stock manifold for sale if you need one! $30 plus shipping
Old 04-04-2007, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Git 'er dun!
*support*
Old 04-04-2007, 02:58 PM

^ im with him laugh.gif

keep us updated and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Tons of folks are interested, you know that. Only problem is, actually getting someone to DO it. We've had what, 20 different attempts and none have even come up with a prototype.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:58 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

Yah, red is right. Hopefully youll get this done. I would certainly be up for one, but IDK if Im gonna get my hopes up just yet.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:18 PM

ok, well the plan is to have it done within another 3 weeks since i'm swamped with landscaping right now.

1997tibby...pm me so i can paypal you and get that asap.

as for material...it will be stainless...and i may even be able to pull off a coated price w/o shipping for 450.

ill also dyno the manifold once it is completed.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:16 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

1 7/8's ?, you need to work in volume man, thats what your calculations are based on when making an intake manifold.

I just finished mine last weekend. I spent about 20-30 hours in the machine shop in total on it. This is for a turbo application. I'm not going to showing any pictures of this until the whole motor is done but to be honest, I don't think I'd ever make one for some body. Takes a lot of time, esp for the quality that I strive for.

So I'm glad your doing this for everyone. I'm curious in the specs that you will be making yours...

I want to know how long your runners will be.
Are they going to be straight? Round or square?
What volume in each runner?
Velocity stacks?
What kind of design is the plenum, and also whats the volume of that?

etc wink1.gif
Old 04-04-2007, 06:31 PM

With how i am fabing my manifold up,once i get all of my materials, there should only about 5-7hrs of work, if that. Then its off to get coated.

I know what you mean about quality, trust me, im an @*%hole when it comes to welds and the finished product.

as for the design...all i can tell you now is that there are no sharp bends for the air to take like in a traditional surge tank/IM and as for the 1-7/8 i'm just trying to find out how big the intake port is so i can match the runner to flow as smooth as possible.

if i'm right, its soo simple its ridiculous. the hardest part will be getting the mounting exact. We'll see if ERAU's engineering courses are any good...lol

i'm also curious...does you im look like a log like everyone elses?
Old 04-04-2007, 06:38 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

We'll it's very similar to a magnus manifold. Look it up.

Btw, it's not as simple as you think. You have to calculate your runner lengths, volume, plenum volume, how much room to leave on the side of the plenum, etc. It all has to do with the air waves bouncing through your whole set up down into your valves. All your ports also have to receive the same amount of air at the same time.

That is why I have got mine flow tested a cpl times.