Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Cruise Control Won't Work? FIX FINALLY FOUND!

Old 07-23-2004, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Cam Swap

Well, let me give you some background...

I came back from Korea last year and the cruise worked fine. No problems at all. About 2 weeks after being back, it stopped working however, but the Green Light on the cruise button would come on.

I took it to the dealer, but because of my aftermarket stereo and alarm, they wanted to charge me $75 to figure it out.

Anyways, so I've gone for the past 10 months without it, I've asked around and no one knew why.

Kayjai to the rescue...

They had a car come into their dealership with the exact same problem as mine. Guy drives alot and wants his Cruise. So they investigate for 3 days.

LED BULBS in the Taillights.

That's it.

Kayjai contacted me and I switched the bulbs. I now have Cruise.

WOOHOO!!!

If your cruise doesn't work, check your bulbs.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Post Count

wink.gif

Basically it boils down to the resistance guys.
Not exactly sure HOW,... but If you have one brake light bulb out, I betcha 9 /10 times the cruise will not work too.

BTW Redz, did you try one LED and one normal bulb? It Should work because it has enough resistance, I think just as long as it's not completely out, you're fine.

We've had RDs that came in with only one bulb out, and cruise not working, but then we knew, and saw that well the light is out, change it and it works, but when this RD2 came in last week, both lights were working, so we're like, ok maybe it's the Cruise control module, maybe it's a short,... TRUST ME, We tried EVERYTHING.
I even donated my car to swap out the Cruise control module to test. And same thing. I know my cruise works. Hell, I just came back from like a 3500km road trip smile.gif

Anyway, when all else fails, go back to basics right,... First thing done was check bulbs, then we saw the LEDs!!!!
Fixed! Our best tech spent like 3 days going over everything! So I thought,... hrmmmm Redz is a ricer wink.gif lol.gif I betcha he has LED bulbs,... so I talked to him as soon as I had some time, and it fixed his problem

So yeah, that's a good tip for our RDs, haven't seen it in other cars just RD Elantras and Tibs.
laugh.gif
Old 07-23-2004, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Cruise Control Won't Work? FIX FINALLY FOUND!

Man, I wish I would have known this for my trip to SC, mylegs were KILLING me.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:03 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Intake CAM Problem!!!!! REDZ HELP!!!!

that is really fvckin weird!! thats something i'm gonna have to remember. it's really weird how someone's breaklights affect cruise control

just very very weird
Old 07-23-2004, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Springs and Struts?

LOL

LED's weren't in there for rice mang, some folks have had the red lens on their tails melt from the bulbs. I was tryin to avoid that.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:18 PM

LMAO, look at your post count, it's actually counting up.

LMAO
Old 07-23-2004, 05:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Tibfest 2004

try keeping all leds except for the brakelights. everything should still work right.

basicly, its not resistance, its the load that is the problem. i dont really know why, but i can explain somethings.

one led will create a load of about .020 amps. 20 even will only make like .4 amps. that means that the led cluster of bulbs is only drawing 4.8 watts of power. a normal bulb is somewhere up around 20, maybe even more.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:27 PM

ok so i guess i should install the resistors i got from SBLEDS.com, huh.....could this also be a cause for the third brake light not working???

I had mine replaced (no spoiler) about 10k miles ago........and just noticed 2 days ago that its not working AGAIN.