Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Cruise Control + Rside Bbtb?

Old 02-20-2006, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

rolleyes.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Feb 20 2006, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>simple, i typed something up without thinking about it at all. nana.gif</div>

LMAO, same applies to me..
Old 02-21-2006, 09:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Feb 20 2006, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>any way to do it without jb weld?</div>

Yup, look at my DIY.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>i wanna know how redz did it,</div>

<span style="color:#FF0000"><span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">DIY</span></span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>offtopic, the airram install pissed me off. the im support bracket is hard to get,</div>

Why does everyone have such a hard time with those? I thought they were going to be hard from what everyone has said but they weren't.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>you have to make your own bracket to hold the throttle/cruise cables</div>

You can just cut an extra slot into the existing one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Feb 20 2006, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Then why did RSide make two pulleys?? It doesn't help us US guys because it doesn't even fit right..</div>

For other countries that might have cruise. They didn't know that the ends of the cables would be different. I Mean, why would they be different?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>What about euro tibs? I know some of them had cruise, but what does the end of their cruise cable look like? Is it a T or a barrell like ours?</div>

PM Hogboblin about it.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:25 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Dude, the only place in your DIY that isn't commented in detail on and has pictures is THAT.
You said you drilled a dimple and that you didn't have enough time to take pictures.

Also, I just realized the airram comes with a bracket for your cruise/throttle cables, but 01roller forgot to send it to me..
he's shipping it now
owned.gif

Honestly, that's a good point, I don't get why there is a different end anyway. It kind of disappoints me though.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I thought I had a drawing of how it goes on one of my pics?
Old 02-24-2006, 11:09 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

all this is confusing lol!! ok, the airram comes with support bracket sticking out for your throttle cable to attatch. everything should work right? with stock TB? I'm not worried about TB's right now, even though there would be a little drag in there with the stock TB we'll get an aftermarket one made in a few years by some company (cross fingers)...

but cruise control will work with just the airram, no? me and my friend are supposed to be installing this B8tch soon and i'm starting to get worried we'll run into irreversible problems.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:13 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Uhh, did either of the guys who wrote the last 2 posts read the whole thread?
lol...I had to make my own because roller forgot to send me the bracket, and the OEM one does not work.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Feb 24 2006, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Also, I just realized the airram comes with a bracket for your cruise/throttle cables, but 01roller forgot to send it to me..
he's shipping it now
owned.gif</div>

Anyway, you WILL have to drill a hole or use jb weld or something if you want your cruise cable to stick in the aftermarket RSide adjustable BBTB.

Also, you will need to make an extender bracket about 1-2" long so that the cruise vacuum pump can be bolted on, this is because the airram is physically longer in design than the stock IM, so the TB (when bolted on the airram) sits about 2" farther than on the stock IM. It's simple to make this bracket though, just a flat piece of metal with 4 small holes drilled, 2 nuts/washers/bolts. smile.gif