Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Crank Pulley Question

Old 06-11-2007, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys and girls

has anyone here fitted a obx underdrive crank pulley at all?
i fitted mine a little while ago and after driving for a while i noticed a squeeking noise coming from it
for the first few miles everyday. i guessed the new belt was slipping so took it back the garage and the re did it.
well a couple of days later and its doing it again. dose this happen often and is there a way to stop it?
didnt notice much of a performance gain iver. the box says 15bhp, not that i actualy expected that but i did expect to feel something. any ideas of views?

thanks
Old 06-11-2007, 11:15 AM

are you sure that you are tightening the nut down all the way on it? and its not that much hp, its like 1 or 2 whp which you can barely feel, but its supposed to be a part that gets better with each mod you add.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:02 PM

I installed the Unorthodox Underdrive pulley with the OBX accessory pulleys. I noticed a pretty decent gain, but I also have a bunch of other mods. As for the squeaking, make sure you have the right size belts. Maybe even try going one or two sizes smaller. If the belt is too big and isn't tight enough, it will squeal. It can also squeal if the belt is too tight. Maybe even try better belts. Possibly the belts are stretching and getting loose. Just a suggestion. Good luck!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:49 AM

personaly i wouldnt know where to begin with changing or tightening the belts thats why i took it to
a garage. i didnt know what size belts to get so i left everything up to them. it could well be that the belts are a
size to big. that would make sence. i might have to go back to the garage at some point. hopfuly they will
re-do it with a discount as the already re tightened it once for free.
thanks guys
Old 06-12-2007, 03:00 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

You should search the forums on info on how to do it yourself (adjust belts, find correct belt sizes etc.). It's not hard, it's cheaper and more fun.