Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Clutch Kill Switch

Old 05-29-2009, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Im having to press my clutch really hard and all the way to the floor. When turning on the car. To the point that is damaging the carpet. Is the switch bad. Or do it just need to be adjusted forward. Also my Cruise control is not working i turn it on and the led comes on but I cant get it to set at all . I TCould It be related to the clutch switch.

Mods sorry if im talking about two different topics but i thought maybe they were related
Old 05-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Did you try adjusting the switches?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:28 AM

Found the problem with this. The switch was loose and it was barely being held by the two nuts. I moved it forward and tighten, also the pedal has what i believe is a white silicone stopper that is missing. Could someone confirm this for me. I figure it was missing because the accelerator pedal has it as well, it's where the switch gets pressed by the pedal. I'm the meantime I pressed in one of those black plastic trim tabs that hold the interior and it works well. so now I don't have to press the clutch all the way and the switch works.

But my cruise control still does not work. Is there anything else I should be looking at down there that could be causing the cruise control not to set.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

The cruise problem can probably be remedied by the other switch. There's the one switch when the clutch is all the way in that allows you to start the car. (The one you just fixed) There is another switch at the exact opposite, telling when the clutch is all the way out. That switch has to be activated for the cruise to come on. Check it and make sure it's in position and functioning properly.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:20 AM

I did check I don't think it was loose. But Ill check it again. Now that you mention it I'm not sure that the switch was clicking. I felt around for the connector and it seem it was plug in, but can't visually confirm that. I might even remove it and check with my voltmeter. Is hard to work in there, But I just bought my self a set of gear wrenches at ACE hardware for $9.99 They are actually made by the original gear wrench company made in the U.S. great quality normally 34.99 but they have them on special for fathers day.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

There are four bolts and one electrical connector holding your driver's seat in the car. Remove it. Then it is much less uncomfortable to be upside-down under your dashboard.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:30 PM

so I went back in there moved all the switches forward to the point that they are almost touching the metal round switch housing. I took a ride and now the cruise sets, and the green cruise indicator turns on on the dash. But the cruise still does not work even if it shows that is set it does not maintain speed. So the problem goes on. I did more troubleshooting but wont post it here, instead I will create a different post as it has nothing to do with the switches.