Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Cluster Lights No Worky!

Old 04-10-2006, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm having an issue with my gauge cluster lights and the heater control lights not working.....I've pulled the dash apart and everything seems to be plugged in where it's supposed to be. No missing connectors or anything....I have the AOS guages installed and they work fine, my dummy lights work, just the needlaes and odometer readout don't light up. I have the AOS's wired into my dimmer, so I know I'm getting power up untill that point. Every other light work in the car accept these ones. WTF
What is this I've heard of a fuse compartment on the passenger side? Do you have to take out the glove box to access it? I've checked all the other fuses with NO luck.
Anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks,

Bump.

Bumpy bump
Old 04-11-2006, 06:16 AM

sounds like the either the Reostat (the knob that dims the cluster lights) or you broke a wire when pulling the dash apart.

As it is.. the dash cluster lights and the heater controls are powered from the Dimmer (reostat) the ashtray and power window lights are direct wired to the light switch.

I think a new dimmer (reostat) is about $40 from the dealer.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Hmmmm, I'll check everything again just to make sure. I had already bought a used dimmmer switch from somebody on the boards and tried that..Still the same out come, it could be that it was no good as well. I actualy think it MAY be the cigarette lighter and such. the lights down there don't work. but the cigarette lighter does. sad.gif Also where is this fuse box on the passender side, do you need to remove the glove box?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:14 PM

never heard of a fuse box on the passengerside.. only the one by the driver's feet and the one under the hood.