Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Clogged Cat?

Old 06-15-2006, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (green_machine @ Jun 14 2006, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Not that this little story will help but I had a peice of cat come off and drove a couple of days like that having issues accelerating. Till one day I got tired of someone tailgating me while I was accelerating so let go of the gas, then punched it to the floor. That peice dislogged, shot out of my exaust with a loud bang, and hit the car tailgating me (straight through mufflers are fun!!!). He stopped tailgating me. Don't thing he ever understood exactly what had happened.</div>

Funny you bring that story up. Friend of mine, Linda, she had an 80 Fiat spider that started running really bad. Nothing we did helped.. and then one day, while left it idling, she went back to the trunk and heard something rattling in the exhaust (stock) and then out dropped a huge chunk of the cat. Car ran great after that.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>no need to quote the post above yours... thanks!</div>

Cats are funny that way...one minute they're converting toxins, and the next they're dislodging and giving us reasons to beat our cars into submission.