Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Clear Corners

Old 05-03-2005, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey all. just today i finally installed my shark racing clear corners. it looks really nice but i ran into a small problem. now, for some odd reason when i go to turn on my right (or left) turn signal, both of them come on. it acts like i threw on the hazard lights??? i don't understand. i can't figure out what to do. and my alarm has been acting funny too. i don't know if that has anything to do with it or not but it was working fine beforehand. when i throw my lights on and try and turn my turn signal on.. nothing happens. and both of the turn signal arrows are on whether i have my parking lights on or both my parking lights and my headlamps... any suggestions?
Old 05-03-2005, 10:22 AM

Put in your old ones and see if you have the same problem I guess. That should narrow the problem down a little.

I want to see pics.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:34 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Same thing happened to me. You need to use the bulb housing (or whatever its called, that hold the bulb) that came with your car. You should still be able to use the new bulbs, jsut not the holder. Im pretty sure thats what I did when I had mine but if that doesnt work let me know because Ill probably remember what we did in a little while if that wasnt it but im pretty sure that will fix it.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:38 AM

i did run into that problem as well, ericy.. i just removed the new bulbs from the new housing and placed them into the old housing that was already on the car. the two housings of the old one i had and the new ones that came with the clear corners were entirely different, lol. i didnt understand but i just figured what the heck and just switched the new bulbs into them.. so i dont know?
Old 05-03-2005, 01:59 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

how could you even use the new bulb housing? as far as i remember, it's a different harness set up. you HAVE to switch 'em over
Old 05-03-2005, 02:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ya the new housing has I think three points and ours only has two. or something similar
Old 05-03-2005, 02:23 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Seems like you have it figured out. I had a similar problem when I forgot to hook my corner light back up after messing around with the car. Mine just blinked really fast.

p.s. I hate fast blinkers, but ever notice how no blinker is ever the same???
Old 05-03-2005, 08:38 PM

I thought the blinkers only blink really fast when one side (either front or back) is out. The left side and the right side are different units so if your back left blinker is out, only the front left blinker will blink fast unless you turn on your hazard lights.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:03 PM

Turns out the new bulbs and the old housings were completely different. The only thing I had to do is get new bulbs, haha. Go figure. I went to AutoZone and talked to some guy and that's what he said too but I decided not to listen to him because he didn't act like he knew what I was talking about, lol. Thanks all who helped smile.gif