Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Check Engine Light -.-

Old 02-05-2008, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

i'm thinking its the starter after hearing your last post. You could find a DIY on HMAservices if not around here. I would print out what HMAservices.com has anyway. Anytime I do something on my car that I haven't done before I print out a copy of what I need from HMAservices. They would probably be better then a member DIY for this anyways. Or to compare with at least.

Also on your bumper issue and part replacement for the starter or altenator whatever it be thats wrong, let me know and maybe I can help you out. There is a blue club GTR front I could get cheap that would work for you or I could let you have my wrecked stock bumper, it's not in too bad of shape. I hope you have at least the rebar on when your driving around man

Also, your alarm and its wiring will not affect your starter install.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:03 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

01 if you need me to help w/ your starter, i'll be more than happy to help-... or we could replace it when we do your clutch (it would have to come off anyways).

you got my # and i'm on here almost everyday so don't be affraid to ask!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:01 PM

Well I am going to go get it checked first JUST to make sure it is the starter before I buy a part and put it on and the car still not start you know. So I guess I will keep everyone updated and hope for the best. Thanks for the help and thoughts. (Stupid starter)
Old 02-06-2008, 03:35 AM

Vehicle: car

If the car is not starting it could be these.

-Loose starter leads
-Bad starter
-Blown starter fuse
-Battery

If it dies while running it alternator. The only way alt and starting are related is if the car isnt charging the batt, in which case it wouldnt start. But it doesnt die while running so the alternator is fine.

The starter sucks to change. It's under the intake mani, you have to remove the rollback bar to get it out. No fun. Check the battery first and starter leads.

And the CEL wouldnt be on for a starting issue too.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:50 AM

ya so its not the starter bc I drove after I push started it so I ruled that one out. Fuses are good switch the starter one with the horn one just to double check and the horn still works so that ones out also. New battery and all audio functions work fine with volts all in range of 12v. So im 99% sure its my starter. And the CEL is no longer on, just wont start mad.gif Since I have never changed one before about how long would everyone say it would take? And where would be the best place to buy a new starter?
Old 02-06-2008, 04:25 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

if your budget is tight, look on www.car-part.com

there were a few starters on there between $75 - $25 in fl.

if you wanna go brand new i think auto zone guarantees their duralast brand (not sure) and can get it pretty quickly.

the starter is realistiaclly held on w/ 2 bolts and has one harness-... getting to it is the issue!
Old 02-07-2008, 12:21 AM

Vehicle: car

Just go to somewhere like AutoZone for a starter. Yeah, they are pricey. But to get one with a lifetime warranty is a lot better than getting one from the junk yard for 75$ that DOA. The job is not a fun one so I'd say do it right the first time.

And when I was going to change the one on my friends 97 tib it probably would've taken like an hour and a half tops. It's just in a difficult spot.

There is 2 bolts holding it on I think. Then there is the positive lead and another small wire.

It's right under the IM, you have to take off this black bar to do it, the bar is not necessary to have on there so it doesnt matter. There's like 4 bolts for that, 16 or 17mm i want to say. After you take that bar off, look straight up from under the car and you should be able to see it. The bolts on the starter should be 12mm. It's not to hard, just a sucky position.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:18 PM

looking up under the car and can not see crap lol, there is a few bars mad.gif I tried to follow the power lead but once it goes to the back of the block my arm is not long enough to follow anymore. I only have one floor jack what would be the best place to put it so I can change this stupid thing.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

hmaservice.com ID: RDT Password: Tiburon

I can't post it up here cause I'm about to leave work but they have instructions for removing the starter under engine electrical. Just click on the shop tab on the left then your car (RC) then your year and engine. Then go to engine electrical then starter then installation/removal. They have five steps but they actually say you go through the top of your engine. Remove the airbox and you should see it I guess.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:31 PM

I have a CAI there is no airbox lol, and I cant see anything