Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Cel P0136

Old 05-26-2007, 03:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

Ok, so anyways. I got a question. I have a reoccuring cel code. P0136, secondary o2 sensor its retarded and the sensor is like 120$ I dont want to go buy it because of that reason. The idiot behind the counter told me not to buy a universal one because "they might not work the same as oem recomended parts" but I was like well wtf (that would be why the) do they list it as a universal part. Anyways being that I was planning on a complete tune up soon. I figured I would see what brands you guys recomend. I was thinking about the bosch or neihoff... but being that its the 4 wire downstream one. Of course its the one that I will be selling my left nut for anyways. (why cant it be like the gm 1 wire 24.95)
Old 05-26-2007, 09:24 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

definitely... that was a great advice on the universal o2 sensor!

did you have to do anything with that o2 sensor at all? did you extend it, rewired it, touched it, etc? it might be just a wiring problem... if not then it's time to replace it.

our o2 sensors have always been bosch and i would stick to that brand. also, if money is an issue, there's always the junk yard (almost all of the hyundai(s) '97 and up will work)
Old 05-27-2007, 02:19 AM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

I was just wondering if you would recomend not using the uiniversal or if you recomend using the one that I will be selling my left nut to get?
Old 05-27-2007, 10:00 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

He just recommended that you don't get the universal. Searching would find that MOST folks here say not to get a universal. They are wired wrong for us and you'd have to rewire it.

So just call the dealer, get the part (Like $80), and put it in.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:45 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ has anyone done a DIY on how to wire a universal? If it comes time for me to get a new one, I'd do it.

I mean, how hard can it be? 8 crimp connectors and then just swap them around until it starts working.