Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

CEL just came on...

Old 07-16-2004, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, i am going to look in the fuse box about the ABS. I bought the car off one of my brothers friends and he bought the $2222 package that has leather seats, cd, sunroof, fogs, stereo upgrade. So i will check. EDIT: I do have a 10 fuse in the ABS spot. The master cylinder, sorry I don't know tons about car what and where is that?. I am just learning. I have friends around that have turboed talons and can do engine swaps so at some point I am going to ask them about the problem and if its nothing huge I will have them fix it. Thanks
Old 07-16-2004, 03:28 PM

The master cylinder is under the hood up by the firewall. Right side I believe. It is where you put your brake fluid.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:33 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TiburonOnRice)</div><div class='quotemain'>The master cylinder is under the hood up by the firewall. Right side I believe. It is where you put your brake fluid.</div>

yup. right side tword the back. it's a multi compartment cylinder up on a peg (so to speak). kind of looks like a lego with a lid and no pegs.

about 2" x 4". lid should be black. reservoir should be white or flesh colored. filled with red stuff. laugh.gif
Old 07-16-2004, 03:49 PM

ok, so I should be checking fluid level? Edit: I went and looked for it but did not see it.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Didn't see what?

Doode, who the hell did your breaks? I've never, EVER heard of a break pad falling off. They are held by clips and such. Did you notice any braking problems?
Old 07-16-2004, 06:05 PM

i don't know who did my brakes....someone in WV i would guess cause thats where the kid lives. It looked like the clips broke off and there was so glue to help hold it on but that broke too. I never had brake problems, but now that you bring up the subject...if I turn my wheel the whole way to the left and do a donut there is a scraping sound. Some guy told be that it is just something to do with the rotor graud behind it. And I didn't see the master cylinder.
How hard is it to chang your brake pads?
Thanks
Old 07-18-2004, 01:40 AM

Canging your brake pads is not hard! That was the first project/repair that I did myself. The only "special" tool that you should need is a C clamp, other than that you just use standard tools. I am not great at explaining exactly how to do things and it has been so long ago that I cannot tell you exactly how to do it.

Unless someone else here can explain it step by step, you might want to invest in a Haynes manual for the car. They do not make one fot the Tiburon so you need to get the one for the Elantra. Some people do not like to admit it, but except for body style, the cars are virtually the same. The book will come in handy down the road as well.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:04 AM

I once lost a brake pad in my excel, I knew they were low on material, I had new ones to put on the car, but nasty weather kept me from taking care of it... In the snow, I hit the brakes the pedal went almost to the floor as one of the pads on the passenger side front slipped free of the caliper... thankgoodness for the handbrake! I did drive the car the last five miles home like that too.. and wound up replacing the pads in the middle of what passes for a blizzard around here... two feet of snow in less than a day
Old 07-18-2004, 09:59 AM

I know that brake pads are not hard to change and I told my parents I would do it, but they said they would pay for them to be put on.....so I don't mind. Just praying that tthey don't scratch my new wheels.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:09 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Take pictures with a Date Stamp of your wheels before you go in to get them done. Take them afterwards too. High Quality pictures.

Demand that they be careful and demand to watch them take the rims off and remount them.