Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Catback Exhaust Kits That Are Worth A Hoot...

Old 04-10-2007, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: car

kinda makes me think twice about buying those OBX headers then.... sad.gif Maintecs will just take a month to save for >_<
Old 04-10-2007, 11:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I had a set of OBX headers, brand new, sitting in my old apartment. I got the maintec GB going years ago and managed to trade for a set of the GT headers with a airram some time ago, and after seeing them, I got rid of the OBX ones. Find the best of something for your car, and get it for the cheapest price possible. That's my mantra.

Now with the GT headers on my car? I'd never put a different pair on there. Those things are just plain SEXY. Everyone at nopi would stop by looking at them. I got asked by like 120 different folks where the turbo was, and if it was remote mounted. They sound awesome, and I never have to worry about the welds or quality.

Ever.

Hell, I could sell them used for $500 or so.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:26 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

read, por favor, and check out the vid clip i put up...

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...&hl=exhaust
Old 04-11-2007, 01:39 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

tibby i watched that i think last week while searching, nice sound. it might take a month to get good stuff, but that is no biggie. i appreciate the posts guys and I will more than likely go with a maintec. REDZ, if you can, pm me please the price of it plus shipping from SFR. I rather eat mac and cheese for 6 months and get good stuff than eat steak a month after buying something that will end up going to the scrap bin at work.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:33 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

well i can tell you that i love my exhaust smile.gif...its quiet until i step on it and i get compliments all the time

I have OBX 4-2-1 headers, magnaflow hi-flow cat, summitracing.com resonator, and a cheap e-bay muffler...I beleive custom is the best way to go...especially seeing that the other headers(Maintec) and catbacks (i.e Apexi) are way to expensive...with custom you are able to get what you want...

my piping is 2.5" and i only have one crush bend and that is were the catback goes under the axle...

All i can say is go with what you want...

P.S. My exhaust piping has not rusted yet...It all depends on where you live...if you live up North then yes it will rust eventually
Old 04-11-2007, 06:51 AM

Vehicle: car

Like I said, I was supposed to get the Apexi, but my old man messed that up for me. And I totally agree with the better parts, but its different when you are paying car payments insurance food gas clothes cell bill, all on an autozone wage. I said a month straight, and that means no other bills. With my bills, probably 3 + months. lol
Old 04-11-2007, 07:49 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UrS0NvS @ Apr 11 2007, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>tibby i watched that i think last week while searching, nice sound. it might take a month to get good stuff, but that is no biggie. i appreciate the posts guys and I will more than likely go with a maintec. REDZ, if you can, pm me please the price of it plus shipping from SFR. I rather eat mac and cheese for 6 months and get good stuff than eat steak a month after buying something that will end up going to the scrap bin at work.</div>

I can't. SFR doesn't have it. You can post in our forums about it though.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

okie doke, will do.

thx