Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Catback

Old 05-13-2005, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The buzzing is more of an annoyance. It get's old after a while but if it dosn't bother you, then it sholdn't be a problem wink1.gif As far as using a resonator or glasspack, there's a muffler/resonator sold by Hedman that provides reflective and absorption damening that supposed to work really well. I left a link somewhere for it on another thread.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:14 AM

You are lucky that they don't buzz. I still get some little buzz after installing my 28" glasspack. Do you have a cat?

OBX doesn't suck man. For the price it''s a steal!!
Old 05-13-2005, 11:33 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (homey14h @ May 13 2005, 08:02 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>any idea where to get that? i only called home depot last night and they dont carry any...someone on here said the were able to get some for like $20.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

<span style="color:red">i found that when you call/ask someone who works at home depot...in general, they really have no clue what you are talking about. they will say "no, sorry we don't carry that" but then i'll go and find it myself. sometimes i feel like taking it back to them and saying "i thought you didn't carry any" lol. but seriously, i've found that it's better sometimes to go and check it out for yourself. i may be mistaken, but i thought that they did carry it. you might want to check...</span>
Old 05-13-2005, 11:49 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Domestic-orientated websites like Jegs and JC Whitney sell mandrel bent piping. I bought my 4inch piping for my Corvette there. I dunno if they sell smaller sizes that would suit smaller displacement Imports like a Tib though. Go check.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:28 PM

J.C. Whitney is pretty good to order from, they'll even give you a percentage discount if it's your first purchase if you use their coupon. You can even use the left over pipe to make your own CAI, if there's any pipe left over.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:50 PM

thanks for the help everyone, is there a thickness that i want for the piping? i dont mean 2.5" diamerter, i mean ACTUAL thickness

**should i get "straight tail pip tubing" or "mandrel bent aluminized tubing" lol and if its the mandrel, what shuold i get because they sell them in 45,90, and 180 U bend parts
Old 05-13-2005, 12:59 PM

Call Jegs or JC and ask one of their salesman about the diameter of their exhaust piping. I'm pretty sure the diameter they offer will be adequate if you plan on going with them.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:34 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

the buzzing sound is really funny!!! haha..

umm some WRC cars have it. but they are turboed so it sounds cool. the buzz is caused by thin header walls. there are differnt kinds of sounds like that, they can be high pitched buzzing or low pitched. they are caused by straight pipes without resonators or glasspacks. it's really funny when you hear them.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:01 PM

Buzzing is plain embarasing! I hate how my car sounded when I just got my H/E intstalled.

You will need 3 45 degree bends and one 90 degree bend and 5 ft straight.

Wall thickness is 1/8". Thick enough!