Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Carbon Fiber Hood Vibrating Annoyance :(

Old 01-23-2008, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought my 99 Tiburon about 8 months ago and it came with the CFH. It vibrates every time my car is idling and it's really really annoying and loud. I know there are rubber things you can twist to adjust how high your hood sits but it doesn't do anything to stop the vibrations. I was wondering if theres anyway I can stop this vibration? Like some kind of rubber seal or something? It is probably a cheap ebay hood and I'm willing to buy a new hood thats a bit more expensive. Can anyone recommend a place to buy a hood that is good? Thanks
Old 01-24-2008, 12:06 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Maybe you did this already but did you check you hinge bolts and the lood latch and its bolts?

Is it cracked or loose at all around the where latch hoop attaches?
Old 01-24-2008, 12:56 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tib001 @ Jan 24 2008, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe you did this already but did you check you hinge bolts and the lood latch and its bolts?

Is it cracked or loose at all around the where latch hoop attaches?</div>

I already glanced over it.. everything looked good no cracks or anything.

There is one thing I forgot to add my hood shakes (up and down) like its gonna fly up when im driving (going around 40 mph and up) scares the crap out of me. But I have ignored it and it hasn't flown up on me yet haha. The vibrating has to go though. I would like to just buy a new one probably.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:27 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

sounds to me like you need to adjust the height of your hood latch.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:56 AM

Gee I have the same problem - but I think mine is caused by the fact that it had a side smash b4 i brought it. now the hood doesnt sit flush on the one side (it looks raised) and when I start it up in cold weather u can here this thing vibrating like the car is gonna break. I hate it... It makes the car sound like its a piece of crap... I am going to take into panelbeaters to sort out I think that is the only thing that i can do.......
Old 01-24-2008, 07:40 AM
Banned

sounds like you guys got some cheap knockoff hoods..

my CF hood fit perfect and never vibrated.. neither does my new FG hood.

get rid of the vibrating with a set of hood pins