Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Car Wont Start. Please Help

Old 10-17-2006, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

ok guys heres the whole situation. im in progress on my turbo kit install with the prs4. this question does not relate to the prs4 at all. I bought another ecu and completely unwired the prs4. im getting good spark but the injectors wont fire. i am using a noid light as well and they just arent pulsing. i have no idea where to start checking. any ideas would be great and ill check them. i really just want the car to run. i dont think the problem is related to anything with the standalone as it is not wired in at all. if anyone needs more information post here and i will tell you anyhting you need to know. thanks
Old 10-17-2006, 03:05 PM

440cc injectors, what type? They plug and play or did you have to splice them in?

I guess your best bet would be to start at the beginning, make sure the fuel pump works, the lines aren't clogged\broken, the rail is intact, and then if the injectors are done properly.

Your cars been sitting a while yes? I had a mouse get on top of my fuel tank and chew through the wiring there and cause me some problems. The fuel pump clip is right next to the one the mouse chewed.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:31 PM

injectors are plug and play. dennist told me to get a noid light to check if there was ground pulse to them and there is not. i do have enough voltage at the fuel pump and i know that fuel is getting to the fuel rail
Old 10-17-2006, 03:43 PM

these parts broken and damaged prevented my car from starting.
cam gear sensor.
crank sensor.
coil pack.
starter motor.
alternator.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:44 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

when is the last time it started? what's happening when you turn the key?

my guess is the battery got drained out by unplugging the terminal. try using a portable battery and attach it to the current battery and try to start her up again.

what did you modify?
Old 10-17-2006, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

did you read the thread? lol .. lmao.gif ^^

the problem is his injectors. he's narrowed it down to that by using the noid light.

i would suggest what hamhead said, pretty much have to look over the entire fuel system to see what could be wrong. and this is when wired to a stock ecu and no psr4? hmm..
Old 10-17-2006, 04:42 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

oops i missed that part sorry. sad.gif
Old 10-17-2006, 05:11 PM

Well, you could find out if the injectors are the problem by starting the car with the stock injectors back on.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:15 PM

i think the injectors themselves are fine. its something else preventing them from being told to pulse. the ground gets pulsed to them and thats when they flow.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (renante @ Oct 17 2006, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>these parts broken and damaged prevented my car from starting.
cam gear sensor.
crank sensor.
coil pack.
starter motor.
alternator.</div>
could any of that cause the computer or something not to send ground to the injectors?

when i crank the car the starter motor is working and fuel is getting up to the rail. also, there is plenty of spark.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

um...hrmm...

did the ecu you bought ever work? where is your old stock one?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>TROUBLESHOOTING HINTS
If the injector does not operate when the engine is cranked, then check the following:
-Faulty power supply circuit to the ECM and faulty ground circuit...<u><span style="color:#3333FF">Make sure there is power & ground at the ECU</span></u>
-Faulty crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor</div>

webtech has resistance measurements that will allow to check and see if the two sensors are working correctly. the ecu uses those sensors to determine when to fire the injectors.