Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Car Wont Crank

Old 10-02-2007, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

OK, 2001 Tib. Full turbo setup but it has nothing to do with the problem. Car has always cranked fine with the standalone and everything.. When I say cranking I mean trying to turn over. I was messing with some wiring with the standalone and i had the ecu unbolted from way under the dash. When I went to bolt the ecu back up I noticed a couple sparks fall. Very small, looked like the ecu found a quick, weak ground somewhere and ditched some power. Right after that the car wont crank at all. My question is did I blow the ecu by being stupid and leaving the battery on? Key wasnt on but battery was so it had some power going to it. I cant get on webtech to get to diagrams right now and im just wondering if theres anything else I can check besides a new ecu. Im sure DTN will rescue me with a webtech page soon. Thanks guys
Old 10-02-2007, 06:30 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check dark blue fusable link J, then check pink fusable link A both in the engine compartment.

Since you were working near the clutch, it might help to make sure everything is hooked up because the car wont start without the clutch switch line grounded.

I doubt it could be much else
Old 10-02-2007, 06:34 PM

I checked the fusible links and they look good. Ill check them with a meter to. Then Ill take a look at the clutch pedal switch. Anyone know if the one for starting is the puch in switch by the clutch? becasue theres one that lets off as you push it in but Im pretty sure thats for the cruise. Thanks DTN
Old 10-02-2007, 06:42 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yep. the further back one is the start position switch. One of the problems I always have with my car is the alarm starter kill... I'll be working on my car with the door open, hit the button on my alarm accidentally, then the car won't start. I'm all frustrated, then I remember I have an ignition kill.

Another thing you can try is to disconnect and reconnect the batery. That will reset ignition kills usually... at least that's what I read somewhere on the internet.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:20 PM

Nothing is working. I have all my accesories still but no crank. Fusible links are good and as far as I can tell the clutch switch is perfect to. i just cant think of where else the problem could be. and i dont have an alarm on it
Old 10-02-2007, 08:00 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

maybe the starter went
Old 10-02-2007, 08:37 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

Can you pop-start it?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Banned

wow. so weird.. im having the SAME problem with my van.. i can't figure it out. i have checked all fuses, reset ECU, un hooked battery, tried jumping it.. and nothing..

it happened a couple times to me now, and all it took was an ECU reset.

i went out to my van last night, started it up, and it shut off within 2 seconds.. did same thing twice more, then nothing after that.. now when i turn key, ALL accessories turn on, but it doesn't even ATTEMPT to crank.. no clicking, no starter whine, nothing. . i really don't understand it. i thought it may have been a short in my auto start, and i unhooked it, and still same problems..

can't be fuel system, cuz car would still try and turn over..

can't be starter, cuz it wouldn't have died once it was already started..

can't be battery, cuz its not even clicking, and all my acc. work perfect, and its at 12v.

can't be the ignition, cuz it wouldn't have died after it started, and doesn't make sense that it wont even try and turn over.

its gotta be something electrical, and i don't know how to check to see if a relay is good. i thought it may have been the ignition module thats not sending signal to the car to start, but that doesn't explain why it would die after two seconds the first three times..

help eric so it possibly helps me.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:58 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

don't get mad but did you check the main fuses "the big one" also check to see that the remote wire on the starter is OK. you know the one small wire that connects to the starter with a black clip. you might also want to check the relay's and the path of that remote wire that goes to the starter..or the clutch pedal switch
Old 10-03-2007, 11:11 AM

All relays seem to be working. I can feel and hear them click. Im going to check the remote wire to the starter tonight hopefully with a meter. Then Ill try to check webtech and follow the path to where it goes. The main 100A fuse is good and all other ones are good too. Like Nate said, mine wont even attempt to crank. No clicking, nothing. Relays are working and all accesories work.