Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Car Troubles.. Rumble Rumble..

Old 06-23-2008, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

My car has been working horrible for the last while, it has a rolling/loopy idle (Sounds like it's camed). So i figured it was a vacuum leak, but i've tried every hose/Checked every seal. Now you're going to ask does it throw an error. No.. it throws an error for a second if it stalls, but when you restart it, it goes away. I've never been close to my house to check the code though. Now it hasn't really bothered me up until tonight. I hadn't had my stereo installed in sometime so i decided to hook it back up. Once i had it all hooked up, i started the car, and now the idle is 100% worse.. and after 5 minutes an error code came up. This new error code however doesn't go away when you shut off the car. The stereo is just a sony deck, no sub nothing fancy. I guess my question is, could somehow a bad alternator not be able to deliver enough power to the plugs? So when a stereo is installed it makes it worse because it draws more power? Could the coilpack be involved? For the record i've replaced the TPS & the MAF.. So i'm stumped.

Any info?

I know i haven't read the newest code.. but i bet 100% it says Maf low voltage.. Or whatever that code is.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:38 PM

Check the new error code first. Did you diconnect the battery when working on the radio? There's about a million things that could be wrong with it. As far as choppy idles go, it could be, like you said, a vacuum leak, a bad fpr, clogged fuel filter or injectors, etc. Just pull that code first and help us help you! fing02.gif
Old 08-01-2008, 01:14 PM

P0103 Mass air flow (MAF) sensor/volume air flow (VAF) sensor ��“ high input Wiring short to positive, MAF/VAF sensor, ECM

Taaaaddaaaa.. That's the error i pulled of it today... I think it has to be a short somewhere though. I'm currently pulling all the wires to look for broken / bad connections.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:46 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

replace that MAF with a new one from the junk yard. i've never had that problem, but i've been on here for 4 years and a good quarter of the members have needed to get their MAF's replaced.

Easy fix if you get one from the scrap yard. I should have pulled one off one of the tibs when i was there stupid me. hyundais are great cars, but the electrical problems are what ruined their reputation.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:56 AM

I've tried 3 MAF's & 3 TPS.. I currently have most of the wiring out of the car looking for shorts. I love long weekends!

well i feel like a complete dumbass.. I replaced some wiring on the MAF.. found a short under the dash & it still didn't work. Then for the hell of it i borrowed a MAF off a working car (4TH one i tried) and it works 100% now.. Meah atleast i got some wiring troubles out of the way.. LOL

Thanks all.