Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Car Trouble

Old 12-19-2005, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was driving my car yesterday and was pulling into parking lot and it died.i thought it was my battery terminal coming lose,was not that.so i had to push it and pop the clutch to start it,i get it started and drive it to get it home and my headlights dont work my interior lights are dim and my spedometer dont work.my windows work slow and my rpms worked.but before this happen my speakers went out and my radio was going wack any idea why this happen and now my car is dead at the moment and also my muffler was boiling red hott.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:13 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

did you get also ABS and ARIBAG lamps ON?

I think your alternator or battery went bad.

try recharge your battery, then start the car and measure voltage on the terminals.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:27 AM

im not sure about the airbag lights might be battery because it wouldnt kick over and everything was working the alternator was used when i got it i hope its not that but just got the car towed so ill try thanks
Old 12-19-2005, 08:50 AM

Definitely sounds like alternator trouble. The hot muffler is probably from the car dumping fuel into the exhaust, because the car is misfiring (not able to generate enough current for proper spark).
Old 12-19-2005, 09:11 AM

if it is the alternator do you know where i could get a higher voltage one for a good price