Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Car Stalls At Idle

Old 09-19-2008, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome.. thanks that part link was not working but i found it easy enough. that site is getting bookmarked for sure..

Stocker PM sent
Old 09-20-2008, 12:50 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

no, don't touch the MAF.

Wait, that made me think, the MAF could be backwards. Check the direction of the MAF arrow. It should be toward the throttle body.

Ok, now, to clean the MAF, spray electronics cleaner or MAF cleaner into it. That's all. Don't touch the blades with anything.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:58 AM

yeah I made sure that the MAF was on correctly. It is cleanish (small amount of dust blew it out with compressor) I did notice that the little metal clip that holds the wire clip on was missing so I just zip tied it on secure but i think he was talkin about cleaning out the IAC

OK well just an update it looks like it was the IAC i cleaned it out with a little PB Blaster and it seems to be functioning pretty well but not perfect. I let the car get up to temp and ran it for about 5 to 10 min. and it kinda stumbled a few times but kept on running so 100% improvement. I'm going to pick up a Chilton's on pay day and do some more trouble shooting might be something like my timing is off but we'll see
Old 09-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Nope, the MAFS. I've cleaned mine twice after the car started running funny with a fresh K&N each time. If you're careful and gentle and use a cotton q-tip and 5-nines pure isopropyl, you'll be fine. It also has the zip-tie clip mod! I know it works great if nobody ever goes in there, but it sure is easy to break the retention tab for that wire clip!

Chiltons? I've never needed more than the internet fora and Webtech. But it is handy to have paper copy when you're at the car though, that's for sure.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:56 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I didn't see this earlier.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Draken @ Sep 19 2008, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ok here's the update i have adjusted my idle screw to get by things are working SORTA any ways i pulled a code from the car and got a p0506 now i checked the code here

So long story short Does anyone know an easyer way to trouble shoot and possibly fix this issue?</div>

The p506 is a low idle code. If you want to raise your idle, disconnect the IAC, then adjust the idle to about 900 RPM on your tachometer. Then turn off the car and turn it back on. When you plug in the IAC, the idle should raise and then fall back to where it was before and you should hear a humming sound. You can plug in and unplug the IAC while the car is on. Clear your codes afterwards and then you should be fine. If the IAC does not change the idle when you plug it in and unplug it, it is not doing it's job. You can remove the IAC, plug the holes and play with the idle to see if it actuates properly.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stocker @ Sep 20 2008, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Chiltons? I've never needed more than the internet fora and Webtech. But it is handy to have paper copy when you're at the car though, that's for sure.</div>

Ya Because of yesterday and running up and down stairs 4 or 5 time to see what people said or to see what where whatever yeah I'm getting a Chilton's at very least for reference

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DTN @ Sep 20 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The p506 is a low idle code. If you want to raise your idle, disconnect the IAC, then adjust the idle to about 900 RPM on your tachometer. Then turn off the car and turn it back on.</div>

OK my only question here is how do i adjust the rpm's obviously the throttle adjust screw and pedal but is that it?