Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Car missfire

Old 01-03-2005, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Exhaust Leak! Help me please!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zman)</div><div class='quotemain'>take it easy... 77k miles are a lot, besides, I've seen an Elantra here with 320,000 Km and it's oil consumption was only 1/4 of oil every 5000Km, and it's running pretty well. The owner makes a lot of driving, but never misses an oil change or scheduled service, and he uses multigrade SAE 10W-40W with no additives in every oil change, but I'm suspicious... I think he drives like... you know... drivin' Miss Daisy...</div>

Hey well I have 80k miles on my Tib and it doesnt leak a drop of oil. Knock on wood. But 95% of those miles are highway and the rest are mostly track or stop and go. It still drives like the day I got her. Well except for 2nd gear hitting sometimes. But thats just our crapy syncros.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Know yhis rear?

You definitely should not drive your car. I had my sparkplug wires go bad a month or two ago, and just drove it about 5 miles to the dealer. The unburned fuel coming out the exhaust toasted the catalytic converter, which had to be replaced. Luckily that was all under warranty, but if your car isn't under warranty anymore that would be very expensive to replace. Oh, and sparkplug wires are a warranty item so they will replace them for free.

edit: I just saw where you said you have 103k miles, so definitely don't drive your car unless you want to pay $$$ replace the cat.