Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Car Control Problem

Old 01-17-2008, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any ideas on this one. Ok I have new tires all the way around on my car and they have been aligned recently. When I accelerate to a higher RPM then switch gears my car literally jerks to the right no matter how hard I hold the wheel it still goes to the right then once the gear engages it stops. This also happens when I brake not like fast but not slow, it also jerks to the right. Any help or ideas would be appreciated
Old 01-17-2008, 09:26 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Could be a bad shock or spring causing your car to lift up or push down unevenly and throw off your steering. Check tightness of suspension components and bring this to the attention of the place which did your alignment before replacing parts.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:55 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

um ball joints or tie-rods could cause pull at speed or during stress of breaking. maybe its a little far fetched but you can check em still.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:19 PM

Auto or manual?
Old 01-17-2008, 03:39 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

Possibly front motor mount.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:23 PM

First it is a manual, how would a motor mount effect my handling at a higher rpm or when i am braking. Weird question could the rotors effect anything on the right side? Maybe warping ? And how can I check to see if the shocks are bad?
Old 01-20-2008, 10:35 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ LOL... shift while acellerating at a medium pace and look to your right. Is her head swinging back and forth? If it is then you should look at a new suspension system.

It's kinda tough to tell when our springs are worn out, but if you pop a shock it will react different then the rest of the shocks when you push down on top of the wheel. Make sure your wheels are straight when you try this or it will effect the results.

It's seriously difficult to troubleshoot though. My 66 Impala was easy, you pushed down as hard as you could, it went up, then settled back down. Anything else was out of normal. Our cars have stiff suspension systems. You push down and it goes right back up and stops.

6500 posts for me.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:47 AM

Last year my step dad was nailed on the right front fender directly at the tire. We got everything fixed and fine up until about months later. I drove it (2001 Chevy Cavy) and noticed that when I accelerate I got very similar pulling problems to the right. Right when I left off of the gas, about half a second later it would jerk back to the left, very dangerous going forty plus mph. Especilly after right turns If I recall correctly.

Anyway, I believe the problem ended up being the BALL JOINT. My step dad ignored the problem and eventually after making a turn, the wheel literally went 90 degrees. Luckily he was at a stop sign before he made the turn. If he would have been going over 30 mph something serious could have happen. I highly recomend at least getting it checked out by a dealership if you value your life and potentially other problems from a serious wreck. Plus it might cost less to get it fixed before it snaps or wrecks something else.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:40 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

my car did the exact same thing. On mine the front mount for the left control arm was loose. All I had to do was tighten a bolt so the arm wouldn't move and my problem was solved.

Its a very serious problem to have the steering randomly change on you. Started noticing it on mine while doing 65 mph on the highway.