Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

CAI in the winter

Old 10-19-2004, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CAI in the winter

if anything, the winter will make your CAI work better, with the air being even colder in the winter.... meaning more dense for compression (obviously)

Hey KitCoupe... let me know when you get the ride back. I want to see how much of a difference you notice with that valve. lol.gif I might get one. It's wet a LOT up here....
Old 11-09-2004, 02:48 PM

Default Re: dyno

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The_Alpha_Male)</div><div class='quotemain'>if anything, the winter will make your CAI work better, with the air being even colder in the winter.... meaning more dense for compression (obviously)

Hey KitCoupe... let me know when you get the ride back. I want to see how much of a difference you notice with that valve. lol.gif I might get one. It's wet a LOT up here....</div>

your cai will be fine how ever if your in a area where its likely your filter maybecome over saturated or prone to flooding of any sort i would invest in an aem bypass valve.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:53 PM

Default Re: dyno

Yeah, I was referring to temperature in that post, not actual water.

wink.gif
Old 11-10-2004, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Oil in Radiator... Just Confirming

My concern isn't water or temperature (cold air should be a good thing, not bad), but how heavily roads in my area get salted. I'm worried about salt being deposited on the filter and destroying it. I was actually planning on only using the elbow from my CAI this winter to protect the filter, which is the reason I bought a 2-piece CAI and not a 1-piece. And why I had an Injen on my last car.