Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

CAI sucked up water and stalled engine...

Old 07-10-2004, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>the car said shark so he thought... ...COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!! </div>

LOL
Old 07-13-2004, 04:42 PM

Well, I guess I'll give you guys an update.

I took the car in for service at my local dealer and told the service consultant what happened. I told him the car ran sluggish and the start was initially rough and came with a ticking sound. They looked at it and said they couldn't replicate the symptoms I described so there was nothing they could do.

They did find that I had an old version Throttle Position Sensor, so they replaced that for me free of charge, since it was under warranty. And to my surprise, when I started up the car, it wasn't as rough and the ticking was completely gone. shock.gif

So I think I may have come out of this experience extremely lucky and a bit more wiser. Knock on wood.

I'll definitely monitor the car's behavior closely within this week or so to see if anything else comes up, but I think the car is okay for now.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:00 AM

MrPSXplyr

Ok.. sadly i read this a little late.... so many work in the office... Man.. I have the same problem.... my CAI suck water in a hole on the street.... What I have to tell you is really importante... Turn on the car and listen to the engine... if you heard ANY noise caming from the cylinder closer to the driver, SHUT IT DOWN ASAP

Maybe you will have that ROD bended... its a real problem because it can crack the cylinder... damage the piston.. and even break the valves...

When my car suck the water.. it can start for at least 1 hour later... when it start I heard that noise... and a tear came off me eyes... I knew that it will cost a lot of dollars...

Man... it's better safe than sorry.... don't trust in the dealers because they don't want to spend in parts for you for free... Maybe I'm wrong in your dealer case, but get a second opinion fast. The Hyundai Dealer here in my country really SUCKS!!!

Hope everything is really OK... and it just was a really scary momment.

lol.gif lol.gif
Old 07-20-2004, 12:27 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib
Default Tibs down under

i know this girl who had a sunfire who tried to drive through a flooded road one night, her car died in the middle of the road (engine submerged) and she was stupid enough to try to start it underwater.
yeah, she killed it..
u got lucky! lol.