Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

CAI Rubbing

Old 04-06-2005, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

pretty cool Tiby that you noticed that and peeps hadn't taken a look at it before and now we are all a little more aware of the consistant problem. Looks like a need for some serious bumping absorbtion is the key.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:03 AM

That sucks to hear about the CAI problems. How did everyone notice this, just by inspecting their engine bays? Can you actually hear this rubbing that you describe? I have no experience with installing these sorts of things so I am going to get it installed professionally...hopefully they will find away around this tight fitment.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:15 AM

The only time you need to worry about it rubbing is if you have an AUTO transmission. It fits fine for 5spds.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:45 PM

Yeah I've noticed that the problems are with autos. Well of course b/c I have one. lol There's no need to get it installed professionally...it's easy peasy. I did it w/ one of my friends and I don't know much about all that, but am eager to learn. So he instructed me on what to do and I did it....like I said...easy peasy. Takes a little time though. I had to take the battery out. And it helps A LOT if you have access to a lift, which I did at the time. I only noticed my damage when I took it out for the winter b/c my tib is/was a daily driver. And good thing I didn't put it back in yet b/c we've had some HEAVY rain lately and I've had to drive through DEEP water.